"Tripoli" Top 5 Page for this destination Tripoli by iwys
Tripoli Travel Guide: 136 reviews and 393 photos
Tripoli is Lebanon's second biggest city. Its population is almost entirely Sunni Muslim. It is famous as the Arab sweet capital of the Middle East.
It was, along with Sidon and Tyre, one of the three great Phoenician ports. The Crusaders, who held the city for 180 years, built a massive citadel here in 1103.
This grand madrassa was built in the 14th century, but nowadays it is used as an undertaker's. It has black-and white... more travel advice
Khan al-Khayattin, the tailors' souk, was built in the 14th century, probably on the site of an earlier Byzantine... more travel advice
iwys' Related Pages
Tripoli Travel Guide
Member Travel Pages
- "three cities in one"
- "Tripoli طرابلس"
- "Trablous - Tripoli"
- See All...
- Things to Do in Tripoli
- Hotels in Tripoli
- Transportation in Tripoli
- Nightlife in Tripoli
- Restaurants in Tripoli
- Shopping in Tripoli
- Warnings and Dangers in Tripoli
- See All...
Badges & Stats in Tripoli
- 13 Reviews
- 45 Photos
- 1 Forum posts
- 5 Comments
- See All Stats
- See All Badges (43)
Have you been to Tripoli?Share Your Travels
Latest Activity in Tripoli
Photos in TripoliSee All Photos (45)
Top 10 Pages
- Top 5 Page for this destination Bucharest Intro, 95 reviews, 387 photos, 1 travelogue
- Top 5 Page for this destination Libya Intro, 119 reviews, 295 photos
- Top 5 Page for this destination Nottingham Intro, 89 reviews, 244 photos
- Malta Intro, 63 reviews, 236 photos
- Top 5 Page for this destination Aleppo Intro, 51 reviews, 202 photos, 3 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Tripoli Intro, 56 reviews, 191 photos
- Top 5 Page for this destination Damascus Intro, 46 reviews, 163 photos
- Peru Intro, 42 reviews, 161 photos
- Marrakesh Intro, 43 reviews, 139 photos
- Top 5 Page for this destination Salalah Intro, 31 reviews, 125 photos
FriendsSee All Friends (87)
Latest Tripoli hotel reviews
- Quality Inn Tripoli
- 15 Reviews & Opinions
Latest: Mar 6, 2013