"Shiraz" Top 5 Page for this destination Shiraz by iwys
Shiraz Travel Guide: 231 reviews and 638 photos
Shiraz was the eighteenth century capital of Persia. It is a city of parks and gardens, and it nestles between the mountains, in a valley full of orange groves and vineyards.
This is the home of the famous Shiraz grape. Unfortunately, since the Islamic Revolution, wine production has ceased and the vineyards have largely been abandoned.
Shiraz has always been famous for its scholars and it is an important university city today. It is also renowned for its arts and crafts. It was the home of the greatest Persian poets, Hafez and Sa'di.
Shiraz's eighteenth century Vakil Bazaar is a very colourful place, where you can see traditional craftsmen at work.
The grape vines of Shiraz have been exported all over the world to start winemaking industries in places as diverse as... more travel advice
Here is a view of one of the pools at the Eram Gardens just before sunset. more travel advice
iwys' Related Pages
Shiraz Travel Guide
Member Travel Pages
- "Shiraz - Persepolis, poets ..."
- "The city of poets"
- See All...
- Things to Do in Shiraz
- Hotels in Shiraz
- Transportation in Shiraz
- Nightlife in Shiraz
- Restaurants in Shiraz
- Shopping in Shiraz
- Warnings and Dangers in Shiraz
- See All...
Badges & Stats in Shiraz
- 11 Reviews
- 21 Photos
- 1 Forum posts
- 11 Comments
- See All Stats
- See All Badges (49)
Have you been to Shiraz?Share Your Travels
Latest Activity in Shiraz
Top 10 Pages
- Top 5 Page for this destination Bucharest Intro, 95 reviews, 387 photos, 1 travelogue
- Top 5 Page for this destination Libya Intro, 119 reviews, 295 photos
- Top 5 Page for this destination Nottingham Intro, 89 reviews, 244 photos
- Malta Intro, 63 reviews, 236 photos
- Top 5 Page for this destination Aleppo Intro, 51 reviews, 202 photos, 3 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Tripoli Intro, 56 reviews, 191 photos
- Top 5 Page for this destination Damascus Intro, 46 reviews, 163 photos
- Peru Intro, 42 reviews, 161 photos
- Marrakesh Intro, 43 reviews, 139 photos
- Top 5 Page for this destination Salalah Intro, 31 reviews, 125 photos