"San Salvador is OK" Top 5 Page for this destination San Salvador by iwys
San Salvador Travel Guide: 156 reviews and 418 photos
San Salvador is not often visited by tourists, probably because of its reputation for crime, but if you are travelling though Central America, it's worth spending a couple of days here. Apart from two medical aid workers I met at the airport and two American businessmen I saw at the hotel, I didn't see any other foreign visitors during my time here.
San Salvador is a functioning capital city of 1.6 million people, with few obvious tourist attractions. However, it has some nice museums and a few grand buildings and monuments.
I found Salvadoran people friendly and helpful, but perhaps, because there isn't much of a tourist industry, there was none of the hassle that you get from beggars and street vendors in some other Central American cities.
- Cons:Not many attractions
- In a nutshell:It's OK.
Plaza Barrios is San Salvador's main square. On it stand both the cathedral and the Palacio Nacional. There is a small... more travel advice
San Salvador's Palacio Nacional was built in neo-classical style, with Italian marble, in 1905 and was the government... more travel advice
iwys' Related Pages
San Salvador Travel Guide
Member Travel Pages
- "San Salvador - Capital of El Salvador"
- "SAN SALVADOR"
- "San Salvador is OK"
- "San Salvador Page"
- "Thelukey’s New San Salvador Page"
- "El Salvador"
- "My home city"
- See All...
- Things to Do in San Salvador
- Hotels in San Salvador
- Transportation in San Salvador
- Nightlife in San Salvador
- Restaurants in San Salvador
- Shopping in San Salvador
- Warnings and Dangers in San Salvador
- See All...
Badges & Stats in San Salvador
- 7 Reviews
- 27 Photos
- 0 Forum posts
- 4 Comments
- See All Stats
- See All Badges (43)
Have you been to San Salvador?Share Your Travels
Latest Activity in San Salvador
Top 10 Pages
- Top 5 Page for this destination Bucharest Intro, 95 reviews, 387 photos, 1 travelogue
- Top 5 Page for this destination Libya Intro, 119 reviews, 295 photos
- Top 5 Page for this destination Nottingham Intro, 89 reviews, 244 photos
- Malta Intro, 63 reviews, 236 photos
- Top 5 Page for this destination Aleppo Intro, 51 reviews, 202 photos, 3 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Tripoli Intro, 56 reviews, 191 photos
- Top 5 Page for this destination Damascus Intro, 46 reviews, 163 photos
- Peru Intro, 42 reviews, 161 photos
- Marrakesh Intro, 43 reviews, 139 photos
- Top 5 Page for this destination Salalah Intro, 31 reviews, 125 photos