"Jaji" Jají by iwys
Jají Travel Guide: 0 reviews and 8 photos
Jaji is a beautiful pueblo andino, 38km west of Merida. It was founded in 1558 and has been designated a UNESCO World Heritage Site. You can take a por puesto there from Merida. Look in the bushes around the outskirts of the town and you'll see plenty of hummingbirds. There was a wonderful restaurant near the plaza, called Fonda Dona Carmen. Try the fresh river trout there.
Pico Bolivar, Venezuela's highest mountain, is not far away.
I'll always remember Jaji as one of the most charming little towns I've seen anywhere in the world.
- Pros:A cute town in the mountains, surrounded by lush vegetation.
- In a nutshell:If you're in Merida, you should definitely make the effort to visit Jaji.
iwys' Related Pages
Jají Travel Guide
- See All...
Explore the World
Badges & Stats in Jají
- 1 Reviews
- 2 Photos
- 0 Forum posts
- 1 Comments
- See All Stats
- See All Badges (44)
Have you been to Jají?Share Your Travels
Latest Activity in Jají
Photos in JajíSee All Photos (2)
Top 10 Pages
- Top 5 Page for this destination Bucharest Intro, 95 reviews, 387 photos, 1 travelogue
- Top 5 Page for this destination Libya Intro, 119 reviews, 295 photos
- Top 5 Page for this destination Nottingham Intro, 89 reviews, 244 photos
- Malta Intro, 63 reviews, 236 photos
- Top 5 Page for this destination Aleppo Intro, 51 reviews, 202 photos, 3 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Tripoli Intro, 56 reviews, 191 photos
- Top 5 Page for this destination Damascus Intro, 46 reviews, 163 photos
- Peru Intro, 42 reviews, 161 photos
- Marrakesh Intro, 43 reviews, 139 photos
- Top 5 Page for this destination Salalah Intro, 31 reviews, 125 photos