"Seoul" Seoul by iwys
Seoul Travel Guide: 3,209 reviews and 8,370 photos
According to some lists, Seoul is now the world's most populated city. Seoul is big and modern but, surprisingly, has more beautiful old palaces than almost any other city in the world. If you like sightseeing, it is a great place to visit.
In spite of the fact that, with a population of more than 12 million, it is, depending on which table you look at, one of the biggest, if not the biggest city in the world, it is fairly easy to get around, especially if you use the excellent Seoul City Tour buses.
Seoul is close to the border between North and South Korea and In 1950, North Korea launched a surprise attack against Seoul and captured the city after just three days. A few months later, combined US and South Korean forces retook the city, only to be driven back again, in January 1951, by a massive Chinese army. The city's status as the capital of South Korea was finally re-established by the armistice of 1953.
In 1988 Seoul hosted the Olympics and in 2002 the World Cup finals. Whisper it ever so gently, but yes, Seoul is a bit similar to Tokyo.
From Seoul Station there are frequent, high-speed KTX trains to Daejeon, Daegu and Busan. more travel advice
Seoul has some of the biggest and best markets in the world, and they are open day and night. more travel advice
iwys' Related Pages
Seoul Travel Guide
Member Travel Pages
- "Welcome to The Land of Big Smog"
- "Return to Seoul"
- "Seoul - My favorite place on Earth!"
- "Seoul: Energy in the Land of the Morning Calm"
- "Organized Chaos --> Seoul, South Korea"
- "Seoul, Capital of Korea"
- "Backpacking Korea in Winter / Spring"
- See All...
- Things to Do in Seoul
- Hotels in Seoul
- Transportation in Seoul
- Nightlife in Seoul
- Restaurants in Seoul
- Shopping in Seoul
- Warnings and Dangers in Seoul
- See All...
Badges & Stats in Seoul
- 42 Reviews
- 106 Photos
- 34 Forum posts
- 28 Comments
- See All Stats
- See All Badges (49)
Have you been to Seoul?Share Your Travels
Latest Activity in Seoul
Photos in SeoulSee All Photos (106)
Top 10 Pages
- Top 5 Page for this destination Bucharest Intro, 95 reviews, 387 photos, 1 travelogue
- Top 5 Page for this destination Libya Intro, 119 reviews, 295 photos
- Top 5 Page for this destination Nottingham Intro, 89 reviews, 244 photos
- Malta Intro, 63 reviews, 236 photos
- Top 5 Page for this destination Aleppo Intro, 51 reviews, 202 photos, 3 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Tripoli Intro, 56 reviews, 191 photos
- Top 5 Page for this destination Damascus Intro, 46 reviews, 163 photos
- Peru Intro, 42 reviews, 161 photos
- Marrakesh Intro, 43 reviews, 139 photos
- Top 5 Page for this destination Salalah Intro, 31 reviews, 125 photos