Taejon Nightlife Tips by iwys

Taejon Nightlife: 2 reviews and 4 photos

Weygook Bar - Taejon
J Rock: Weygook Bar

J Rock is the main expat bar in Daejeon. It's owned by an American, the bar manageress is Russian and the customers are mostly Canadian English teachers. It's a dark, smoky bar, with a small dance floor and a pool table. Draft Cass costs 3,000 won.

Directions: Opposite WA Bar

Theme: Eating and Drinking

• Written May 1, 2005
My Favourite Bar - Taejon
WA Bar: My Favourite Bar

WA Bar was just about the first bar I happened upon in downtown Daejeon, and guess I struck first time lucky as it still remains my favourite bar.

It is located in the heart of the downtown area, where most of Daejeons nightspots are. It's a good place to relax and have a few drinks, before moving onto J-Rock or Watermelon Sugar.

It has great decor, a good atmosphere and it's one of the best spots in Daejeon for people watching.

A large draft beer costs just w3,000. Cocktails cost w6,000. There is also an amazing variety of exotic bottled beers, including North Korean.

Dress Code: Smart casual. A lot of office workers, in suits, come here in the evenings.

Directions: Across the road from Galleria in the Downtown/Shinae area. Just 100 metres up from J-Rock.

Theme: Eating and Drinking

• Updated May 1, 2005

iwys Used To Live Here!

iwys

“I came, I saw and I had a good time”

Badges & Stats in Taejon