Province of British Columbia Things to Do Tips by leebee1
Province of British Columbia Things to Do: 249 reviews and 368 photos
This area is good for hiking and if you take a drive up in the evening, it has a stunning view at sunset. I will upload my sunset pictures from this point soon.
Directions: cannot remember directions, but its about 15kms from Vancouver. There are many broshures you can pick up from tourist offices which have area maps for your perusual.
Walking along water street and browsing along all the cute shops and checking out the cafes and bars is lots of fun. Stop and check out the steam clock, and try get a pic if you can. You'll soon see there are heaps of people crowded around to make it a challenge. Whilst I was in Vancouver they were filming a movie, so there were a few things shut down. I'm told that is quite a regular occurance here.
Chinatown is great, if you have the stomach to handle the different smells and things you wouldnt ordinarily see. We loved wondering throughout, and its great for a cheap meal.
The harbour area is gorgeous. Great to take your camera for pictures, and great for people watching.
Some streets in Vancouver are a bit sketchy. Most like anywhere really. Walking through made us a bit nervous, and more cautious. But we had no problems. Main Street in particular is an area to be cautious about.
Woodcarvings at Grouse Mountain.
There are many different activities that they put on here at Grouse Mountain.
The full cost is around $30, which gets your return ticket on the skytrain, and inclusion of various showings they have. You can sit in and watch the little documentries on the wildlife. Watch the jumback show, or view the bears. There is a restuarant and a giftshop.
If you like you can hike to the top of the mountain. We were informed it would take us around 2 and a half hours, given that we dont usually hike...You could hike up, and get the skytrain down.
Its definately better value to buy the all inclusive ticket.
Directions: You can get a bus from the Lonsdale Quay. Although I cant quite remember what number the bus is, there are signs everywhere, and the bus drivers themselves are quite helpful!
Its well worth taking a ferry across to the Lonsdale Quay, and checking out the markets. They have great fresh produce, and other arty/crafty type stalls.
Its also a great spot to take pics of the Vancouver Skyline.
This is also a point of departure for buses to Grouse Mountain, and the Capilano Suspension Bridge.
Taking a walk around Stanley Park is amazing. Its such a contrast to be in the heart of the city, with the wilderness just moments away!
There seems to be so much activity here, with cyclists, and joggers, walkers, tourists, people having lunch etc...great spot for people watching!
You can choose to do a walk, or simply take your camera and get some pics.
Downtown is just moments away, stroll around the harbour etc....
More Reviews (13)
- Oh what fun it is to shop in British...
- If you didnt pack it, you'll get it...
- Main Street, Vancouver & surrounds.
- Beautiful photo opportunities.
- See All Driving from Vancouver to Kamloops.
leebee1's Related Pages
Province of British Columbia Travel Guide
Member Travel Pages
- "OUR TOUR OF BRITISH COLUMBIA BY HIRE CAR"
- "BRITISH COLUMBIA*****WOW"
- "Beautiful British Columbia!"
- "Due West"
- "CANADIAN BEAUTY"
- "British Columbia"
- "From the ocean to the mountains"
- See All...
- Things to Do in Province of British Columbia
- Hotels in Province of British Columbia
- Transportation in Province of British Columbia
- Nightlife in Province of British Columbia
- Restaurants in Province of British Columbia
- Shopping in Province of British Columbia
- Warnings and Dangers in Province of British Columbia
- See All...
Badges & Stats in Province of British Columbia
- 18 Reviews
- 5 Photos
- 4 Forum posts
- 0 Cities
- See All Stats
- See All Badges (7)
Have you been to Province of British Columbia?Share Your Travels
Latest Activity in Province of British Columbia
Photos in Province of British ColumbiaSee All Photos (5)
Top 10 Pages
- Top 5 Page for this destination Wollongong Intro, 58 reviews, 24 photos, 5 travelogues
- Bali Intro, 24 reviews, 15 photos
- Province of Alberta Intro, 20 reviews, 7 photos
- Nowra Intro, 11 reviews, 13 photos
- Province of British Columbia Intro, 18 reviews, 5 photos
- Vanuatu Intro, 20 reviews
- Seattle Intro, 13 reviews, 6 photos
- Fiji Intro, 4 reviews, 13 photos, 2 travelogues
- Bangkok Intro, 6 reviews, 4 photos, 1 travelogue
- Pretty Beach Intro, 5 reviews, 4 photos