Province of British Columbia Hotel Tips by leebee1
Province of British Columbia Hotels: 67 reviews and 79 photos
This Hotel is more of a business Hotel. It is connected to the Crystal Mall, and directly across the road from the Metrotown Shopping Centre, BC's largest Mall.
The rooms are evrything you would expect from the Hilton chain. Large, clean and comfortable. The staff are most helpful and friendly. An added bonus is that they also have a pickup/drop off point for National hire Car in their lobby.
Unique Qualities: They do have a lap pool on the rooftop, and a gym for use for all guests.
Comparison: more expensive than average
Ok. Where do I start???
Whilst in the US, we picked up a broshure for accomodation in Burnaby, BC. We had planned to base ourselves there, rather than in Vancouver itself. We only needed 2 nights accomodation, so after looking through the guide, we called and made ourselves a booking. Given, not knowing the area we were being a bit niave. However, Ive never ran into problems with using the citys accomodation guidebooks before. This has proved to be a learning experience...
Upon our arrival, we were a bit apprehensive by the exterior. It looked very dirty, run down, quite seedy actually. None the less, we checked in, and walked inside to take a look. We noticed the curtains were filthy, the backboard of the stove has once been on fire, the bathroom...well, i doubt anyone would take a bath in there. Little did we know, this was just the beginning and it was about to get soo much worse.
We sat down on the bed, to have a chat about the state of the room. We discovered that the beds did not infact have mattresses, but foam. My sister went in to use the bathroom and after coming out stated to us, "That we should be careful when using the toilet!". She then went on to explain that it actually moved when you sat on it! The final straw came when we noticed bloody fingerprints...yes, you are reading right...all up and down the entry doorframe. Wheather someone had had a huge punch up, I dont know, but we were not staying in that room.
With that, the 3 of us girls ummmed and argghed, and decieded stupidly, to ask for another room. We told the man in attendance about our concerns, he didn't seem to worried and offered us another key. We went in to have a look at the room, and it was infact alot better than the first. So we unpacked the whole car this time.
Still feeling a bit funny about what had happened moments ago, we were back sitting on the bed having a discussion. when something caught my eye...
Oh yes, a bit over from the bed, on the roof...was more blood!!!! We were so getting out of there....
Unique Qualities: We were nervous about asking for a refund, but done so. There was no way we could see anymore of this place, it made me feel sick to my stomach...
We have since been told to stay away from the Kingsway. LOL.
How this place is still operating is beyond my comprehension. How its even in a city guide...im lost for words.
Would I recommend this place??? Not to my worst enemy!!!!
Address: 6205 Kingsway, Burnaby.
Comparison: about average
This Hotel was probably one of the most memorable that we stayed in during our trip. This is a family run hotel, that is very family orientated. It has very large rooms, each with its own balcony. The staff here cannot be faulted. They were fun, easy to talk with, and so helpful, pointing us in the right direction for tourist spots, a bite to eat, and invaluable local knowledge. Although its a bit out of the way, I would have no hesitations in recommending this hotel, and would definately stay there again myself!
Unique Qualities: The Hotel rooms are set us around the pool, which is in the centre. They also provide breakfast for guests in the foyer. A very comfortable atmosphere. I really loved it here.
Address: 2950 Boundary Road, Burnaby.
Comparison: about average
More Reviews (15)
- Oh what fun it is to shop in British...
- See All Mt Seymour.
- If you didnt pack it, you'll get it...
- Main Street, Vancouver & surrounds.
- Beautiful photo opportunities.
leebee1's Related Pages
Province of British Columbia Travel Guide
Member Travel Pages
- "OUR TOUR OF BRITISH COLUMBIA BY HIRE CAR"
- "BRITISH COLUMBIA*****WOW"
- "Beautiful British Columbia!"
- "Due West"
- "CANADIAN BEAUTY"
- "British Columbia"
- "From the ocean to the mountains"
- See All...
- Things to Do in Province of British Columbia
- Hotels in Province of British Columbia
- Transportation in Province of British Columbia
- Nightlife in Province of British Columbia
- Restaurants in Province of British Columbia
- Shopping in Province of British Columbia
- Warnings and Dangers in Province of British Columbia
- See All...
Explore the World
- Kabayan Hotel-Pasay
- Awana Kijal Resort Terengganu
- Moon Palace Golf & Spa Resort
- Plantation Bay
- Carriage Hotel
- Mayan Palace Riviera Maya
- Super 8 Motel South Hackensack NJ/NYC Area (410 Rt. 46 West.)
- Woodfin Suite Hotel Rockville
- DoubleTree by Hilton Hotel London - West End
- Hotel Ibis Maputo
- Fragrance Hotel Ruby
- Golden Sands Villas
- Hampton Inn Syracuse-Carrier Circle I-90, N.Y.
- Atlantis The Palm
- Verbena Pension House
Badges & Stats in Province of British Columbia
- 18 Reviews
- 5 Photos
- 4 Forum posts
- 0 Cities
- See All Stats
- See All Badges (3)
Have you been to Province of British Columbia?Share Your Travels
Latest Activity in Province of British Columbia
Photos in Province of British ColumbiaSee All Photos (5)
Read real reviews about Province of British Columbia Hotels!
Top 10 Pages
- Top 5 Page for this destination Wollongong Intro, 58 reviews, 24 photos, 5 travelogues
- Bali Intro, 24 reviews, 15 photos
- Province of Alberta Intro, 20 reviews, 7 photos
- Nowra Intro, 11 reviews, 13 photos
- Province of British Columbia Intro, 18 reviews, 5 photos
- Vanuatu Intro, 20 reviews
- Seattle Intro, 13 reviews, 6 photos
- Fiji Intro, 4 reviews, 13 photos, 2 travelogues
- Bangkok Intro, 6 reviews, 4 photos, 1 travelogue
- Pretty Beach Intro, 5 reviews, 4 photos
FriendsSee All Friends (1)
Top Province of British Columbia hotels
- Vancouver Hotels
- 3957 Reviews - 8266 Photos
- Victoria Hotels
- 1618 Reviews - 3346 Photos
- Whistler Hotels
- 283 Reviews - 632 Photos
- Kelowna Hotels
- 88 Reviews - 194 Photos
- Tofino Hotels
- 171 Reviews - 381 Photos
- Penticton Hotels
- 31 Reviews - 37 Photos
- Prince George Hotels
- 22 Reviews - 60 Photos
- Kalamalka Lake Hotels
- See nearby hotels
- Vancouver Island Hotels
- 228 Reviews - 687 Photos
- Revelstoke Hotels
- 40 Reviews - 81 Photos
- Osoyoos Hotels
- 35 Reviews - 64 Photos
- Fairmont Hot Springs Hotels
- 9 Reviews - 35 Photos
- Port Coquitlam Hotels
- 14 Reviews - 17 Photos
- Cranbrook Hotels
- 8 Reviews - 18 Photos
- Ucluelet Hotels
- 26 Reviews - 42 Photos