Province of British Columbia Hotel Tips by leebee1

Province of British Columbia Hotels: 67 reviews and 79 photos

Hilton Metrotown.: Burnaby.

This Hotel is more of a business Hotel. It is connected to the Crystal Mall, and directly across the road from the Metrotown Shopping Centre, BC's largest Mall.
The rooms are evrything you would expect from the Hilton chain. Large, clean and comfortable. The staff are most helpful and friendly. An added bonus is that they also have a pickup/drop off point for National hire Car in their lobby.

Unique Qualities: They do have a lap pool on the rooftop, and a gym for use for all guests.

Comparison: more expensive than average

Price: US$80-120

Theme: Hotel

• Updated Apr 4, 2011
Intercity Motel.: An absolute nightmare of a place!!!

Ok. Where do I start???
Whilst in the US, we picked up a broshure for accomodation in Burnaby, BC. We had planned to base ourselves there, rather than in Vancouver itself. We only needed 2 nights accomodation, so after looking through the guide, we called and made ourselves a booking. Given, not knowing the area we were being a bit niave. However, Ive never ran into problems with using the citys accomodation guidebooks before. This has proved to be a learning experience...

Upon our arrival, we were a bit apprehensive by the exterior. It looked very dirty, run down, quite seedy actually. None the less, we checked in, and walked inside to take a look. We noticed the curtains were filthy, the backboard of the stove has once been on fire, the bathroom...well, i doubt anyone would take a bath in there. Little did we know, this was just the beginning and it was about to get soo much worse.

We sat down on the bed, to have a chat about the state of the room. We discovered that the beds did not infact have mattresses, but foam. My sister went in to use the bathroom and after coming out stated to us, "That we should be careful when using the toilet!". She then went on to explain that it actually moved when you sat on it! The final straw came when we noticed bloody fingerprints...yes, you are reading right...all up and down the entry doorframe. Wheather someone had had a huge punch up, I dont know, but we were not staying in that room.

With that, the 3 of us girls ummmed and argghed, and decieded stupidly, to ask for another room. We told the man in attendance about our concerns, he didn't seem to worried and offered us another key. We went in to have a look at the room, and it was infact alot better than the first. So we unpacked the whole car this time.

Still feeling a bit funny about what had happened moments ago, we were back sitting on the bed having a discussion. when something caught my eye...

Oh yes, a bit over from the bed, on the roof...was more blood!!!! We were so getting out of there....

Unique Qualities: We were nervous about asking for a refund, but done so. There was no way we could see anymore of this place, it made me feel sick to my stomach...

We have since been told to stay away from the Kingsway. LOL.

How this place is still operating is beyond my comprehension. How its even in a city guide...im lost for words.

Would I recommend this place??? Not to my worst enemy!!!!

Address: 6205 Kingsway, Burnaby.

Comparison: about average

Price: US$40-80

Theme: Motel

• Written Nov 5, 2004
401 Motor Inn.: Burnaby.

This Hotel was probably one of the most memorable that we stayed in during our trip. This is a family run hotel, that is very family orientated. It has very large rooms, each with its own balcony. The staff here cannot be faulted. They were fun, easy to talk with, and so helpful, pointing us in the right direction for tourist spots, a bite to eat, and invaluable local knowledge. Although its a bit out of the way, I would have no hesitations in recommending this hotel, and would definately stay there again myself!

Unique Qualities: The Hotel rooms are set us around the pool, which is in the centre. They also provide breakfast for guests in the foyer. A very comfortable atmosphere. I really loved it here.

Address: 2950 Boundary Road, Burnaby.

Comparison: about average

Phone: 604-438-3451

Price: US$40-80

Theme: Hotel

• Written Nov 5, 2004

Badges & Stats in Province of British Columbia

Have you been to Province of British Columbia?

Latest Activity in Province of British Columbia

Visiting Province of British Columbia?
Read real reviews about Province of British Columbia Hotels!

Friends