"Home is where the heart is!" Top 5 Page for this destination Wollongong by leebee1
Wollongong Travel Guide: 197 reviews and 586 photos
I haven't always lived here, I grew up in the Western Suburbs of Sydney. But I was always headed for Wollongong...
As a child, our family made regular trips to the South Coast, and I really fell in love with the place. From the Mountains, to the Ocean and everything in between, I really couldn't pick a better spot to call my home.
I love to travel, and do so regularly. But everytime I drive down Bulli Pass and catch a glimpse of "the gong", I breathe a sigh of relief...for I know I am truly home.
My pages on Wollongong don't include facts and figures. I will leave that up to the guide books, or travel agents...
However, I will try and give as much info as possible on things to see and do, places to go etc, in the hopes that you will walk away from your time spent here, charmed.
I also include places of interest in the surrounding suburbs. There are many spectacular beaches, restaurants and nightlife options all within a short drive. I also try to make note of all my particular favourite spots.
PS. I have finally uploaded some sunny pics. yay!!!
From Surfing to Skydiving. Picnicing or barbequing. Dining out to Dancing. Wollongong really has so much to offer...
I am currently putting together my Wollongong pages, so please bare with me. You'll notice alot of my entries do not yet contain any infomation. The reason I do it this way is because I think of a million different things I would like to add all at once. So I don't forget I add them all in, and it inspires me to go out and take the photos and add the text asap, rather then having ideas floating around on bits of paper everywhere...sorry for any inconvienience this may cause :(
If travelling to Wollongong, may I suggest checking out some of the following pages:
Robertson, Berry, Kangaroo Valley and Nowra.
These destiantions are all within an hour or twos drive from Wollongong, and are well worth taking a look at.
- Pros:The gateway to the South Coast.
- Cons:Parking in Wollongong really is a pain!!!
- In a nutshell:A place of incredible beauty and charm.
Although I personally dont like to swim here (I feel a bit unsafe as you walk a couple metres and there is a big drop!),... more travel advice
I would definately recommend a weekend side trip to Honeymoon Bay. Its about a 2.5 hour drive south of Wollongong. Check... more travel advice
- See All Be careful driving, know the road...
- See All Hang Gliding
- See All Shellharbour Square
- See All Car Rentals
leebee1's Related Pages
Wollongong Travel Guide
Member Travel Pages
- "Home is where the heart is!"
- "a great carmuseum & more"
- "Wollongong - definitely the best of both worlds!"
- "Nan Tien Temple"
- "Wonderful Wollongong"
- "Between the escarpment and the sea"
- "Wollongong and the Illawara"
- See All...
- Things to Do in Wollongong
- Hotels in Wollongong
- Transportation in Wollongong
- Nightlife in Wollongong
- Restaurants in Wollongong
- Shopping in Wollongong
- Warnings and Dangers in Wollongong
- See All...
Badges & Stats in Wollongong
- 58 Reviews
- 24 Photos
- 2 Forum posts
- 5 Comments
- See All Stats
- See All Badges (3)
Have you been to Wollongong?Share Your Travels
Latest Activity in Wollongong
Photos in WollongongSee All Photos (24)
Top 10 Pages
- Top 5 Page for this destination Wollongong Intro, 58 reviews, 24 photos, 5 travelogues
- Bali Intro, 24 reviews, 15 photos
- Province of Alberta Intro, 20 reviews, 7 photos
- Nowra Intro, 11 reviews, 13 photos
- Province of British Columbia Intro, 18 reviews, 5 photos
- Vanuatu Intro, 20 reviews
- Seattle Intro, 13 reviews, 6 photos
- Fiji Intro, 4 reviews, 13 photos, 2 travelogues
- Bangkok Intro, 6 reviews, 4 photos, 1 travelogue
- Pretty Beach Intro, 5 reviews, 4 photos