"Home is where the heart is!" Top 5 Page for this destination Wollongong by leebee1

Wollongong Travel Guide: 197 reviews and 586 photos

I'm captured by the beauty, time and time again...

I haven't always lived here, I grew up in the Western Suburbs of Sydney. But I was always headed for Wollongong...
As a child, our family made regular trips to the South Coast, and I really fell in love with the place. From the Mountains, to the Ocean and everything in between, I really couldn't pick a better spot to call my home.
I love to travel, and do so regularly. But everytime I drive down Bulli Pass and catch a glimpse of "the gong", I breathe a sigh of relief...for I know I am truly home.

Through the eyes of a local...

My pages on Wollongong don't include facts and figures. I will leave that up to the guide books, or travel agents...
However, I will try and give as much info as possible on things to see and do, places to go etc, in the hopes that you will walk away from your time spent here, charmed.
I also include places of interest in the surrounding suburbs. There are many spectacular beaches, restaurants and nightlife options all within a short drive. I also try to make note of all my particular favourite spots.

PS. I have finally uploaded some sunny pics. yay!!!

Something for everyone.

From Surfing to Skydiving. Picnicing or barbequing. Dining out to Dancing. Wollongong really has so much to offer...

PLEASE NOTE-
I am currently putting together my Wollongong pages, so please bare with me. You'll notice alot of my entries do not yet contain any infomation. The reason I do it this way is because I think of a million different things I would like to add all at once. So I don't forget I add them all in, and it inspires me to go out and take the photos and add the text asap, rather then having ideas floating around on bits of paper everywhere...sorry for any inconvienience this may cause :(

If travelling to Wollongong, may I suggest checking out some of the following pages:
Robertson, Berry, Kangaroo Valley and Nowra.
These destiantions are all within an hour or twos drive from Wollongong, and are well worth taking a look at.

• Pros:The gateway to the South Coast.
  • Cons:Parking in Wollongong really is a pain!!!
  • In a nutshell:A place of incredible beauty and charm.
  • Intro Updated Feb 19, 2005

• lindyz's Profile Photo
    Jun 3, 2009 at 3:05 PM

Food World Cafe!!! What a great place, its one of our favourites. Im from Wollongong too - maybe we have met!?

• May 29, 2006 at 8:10 PM

Made some great friends from Wollongong on a Contiki Tour. Looks like a great place to live. Enjoy!

• MeToTheWorld's Profile Photo
    May 2, 2005 at 9:09 PM

Of course, it's the same of Monsoon,because the original chef of Monsson who owned Mylan. I miss the Vietnamnese Rice Noodle - so far the best I ever tried in my life!

• aussiedoug's Profile Photo
    Jan 9, 2005 at 7:59 PM

Come on Lee, keep these pages coming & I'll keep rating them. Gr8 stuff so far so more of the same please!

• craic's Profile Photo
    Jan 2, 2005 at 10:10 PM

Great to see Wollongong get the attention it deserves.

Badges & Stats in Wollongong

Have you been to Wollongong?

Latest Activity in Wollongong