"Denton, Texas" Denton by tejanasueca
Denton Travel Guide: 16 reviews and 54 photos
Denton is an regular medium sized US town with a population of about 70,000.
Situated 36 miles north of Dallas and Fort Worth where I-35 E meets I 35 W, Denton is the county seat of Denton County. Denton was incorporated as a town in 1866.
The trademark of the town is its Court House, dating back to 1869, situated in the main square.
Denton lies in an agricultural and industrial region, but the economy is based on education and research. The Universisty of North Texas (UNT) and Texas Woman's University (TWU) are located in the town (the two tall buildings you will see just north of town, are actually dorms for TWU).
The town is also the site of the region IV headquarters of the Federal Emergency Management Agency (FEMA). The Federal Regional Center (FRC) is located on a 20-acre tract of land donated to the Federal Government by the local citizens in Denton, Texas. This was the first protected underground federal regional emergency operating center built in the nation.
The North Texas State Fair is held in Denton annually.
While you usually don't associate this part of Texas with snow (it's not like the panhandle!), there usually is some sort of snow accumulation on the ground about once or twice a year. For example, while the average temparature for December is about 45F, there is always the possibility (yet, a very small one), that ther will be a white Christmas (which was the case in 2004, when this picture was taken).
The Cracker Barrel is a chain of restaurants that line our nations interstates. They have standard bacon, eggs, coffee,... more travel advice
This venerable establishment, with the original on the square, and a new branch on Sunset serves up tasty burgers and... more travel advice
tejanasueca's Related Pages
Denton Travel Guide
Member Travel Pages
- "Denton, Texas"
- "Denton, the place where I live"
- "Reenies's new Denton Page"
- "Denton, TX - a great place to live"
- "Abilene Denton"
- "let's walk around in our stonedness"
- "UNT Where I Graduated From"
- See All...
- Transportation in Denton
- Nightlife in Denton
- Restaurants in Denton
- Shopping in Denton
- Warnings and Dangers in Denton
- See All...
Explore the World
Badges & Stats in Denton
- 15 Reviews
- 16 Photos
- 0 Forum posts
- 1 Comments
- See All Stats
- See All Badges (4)
Have you been to Denton?Share Your Travels
Latest Activity in Denton
Photos in DentonSee All Photos (16)
Top 10 Pages
- Top 5 Page for this destination Denver Intro, 33 reviews, 48 photos, 2 travelogues
- Quito Intro, 34 reviews, 45 photos, 1 travelogue
- Top 5 Page for this destination Colorado Intro, 19 reviews, 29 photos, 1 travelogue
- Provincia de Pichincha Intro, 13 reviews, 34 photos, 1 travelogue
- Copacabana Intro, 14 reviews, 21 photos
- Cayambe Intro, 16 reviews, 18 photos, 1 travelogue
- Denton Intro, 15 reviews, 16 photos, 1 travelogue
- Sweden Intro, 14 reviews, 16 photos
- Provincia de Mendoza Intro, 8 reviews, 19 photos, 1 travelogue
- Hacienda Picalquí Intro, 22 photos, 3 travelogues
FriendsSee All Friends (14)
Latest Denton hotel reviews
- Fairfield Inn And Suites By Marriott Denton
- 33 Reviews & Opinions
Latest: Jun 3, 2013