"Welcome to America's Playground!" Top 5 Page for this destination Colorado by tejanasueca

Colorado Travel Guide: 5,597 reviews and 11,830 photos

When living in Texas, everybody always talked about Colorado, describing this magical place with an abundance of activities and nice weather. Originally, I thought that this was just because the weather in Texas sucks!!! (Hey, I grew up in Sweden - over 100F/45C does not seem natural to me...). So, I decided to move to Colorado, to try it out for myself (many Texans talk about doing it, but don't actually do it - to the big relief of people in Colorado). I soon learned that people in Colorado would be a lot friendlier to me if I emphasized my Swedish background instead of the years in lived in Texas!

Colorado really is as fantastatic as people told me, and even more magnificant to me as its culture is a lot more like Sweden than the culture in Texas. I absolutely loved my time living in Colorado; moving there was the best decision of my life!!! However, I am not old enough to settle down and after two years it was time to move on.

Living in Colorado, however not for a very long period of time, have given me the perspective of both a tourist and a native of this wonderful place. I have tried to gather together some of my experiences on this Colorado page and on my Denver pages. You will notice that many of the pages involve outdoor activities, and this is not only because this is what Colorado is all about, but it is also because living in Colorado helped me regain my love for the outdoors I nurtured as a kid growing up in Sweden.

Of course, my experiences in Colorado would not have been as exciting if it were not for my friends there. So, finally, I want to say to Danielle and Jaime: thank you for for teaching me to rock climb and all of our trips out of the city. These are the times I miss the most, and I promise you that when you come to Sweden, I will show it to you from its very best side: i.e. we will head outdoors!!!

• Pros:The MOUNTAINS, the sunny days, and cute small towns.
  • Cons:Lack of diversity, it is expensive.
  • In a nutshell:Perfect for an 'outdoorsy' person with money in the bank
  • Last visit to Colorado: Sep 2004
  • Intro Updated Nov 22, 2005

tejanasueca Used To Live Here!

tejanasueca

“Never let the odds keep you from pursuing what you know in your heart you were meant to do.”

Badges & Stats in Colorado

Have you been to Colorado?