"Welcome to America's Playground!" Top 5 Page for this destination Colorado by tejanasueca
Colorado Travel Guide: 5,647 reviews and 12,016 photos
When living in Texas, everybody always talked about Colorado, describing this magical place with an abundance of activities and nice weather. Originally, I thought that this was just because the weather in Texas sucks!!! (Hey, I grew up in Sweden - over 100F/45C does not seem natural to me...). So, I decided to move to Colorado, to try it out for myself (many Texans talk about doing it, but don't actually do it - to the big relief of people in Colorado). I soon learned that people in Colorado would be a lot friendlier to me if I emphasized my Swedish background instead of the years in lived in Texas!
Colorado really is as fantastatic as people told me, and even more magnificant to me as its culture is a lot more like Sweden than the culture in Texas. I absolutely loved my time living in Colorado; moving there was the best decision of my life!!! However, I am not old enough to settle down and after two years it was time to move on.
Living in Colorado, however not for a very long period of time, have given me the perspective of both a tourist and a native of this wonderful place. I have tried to gather together some of my experiences on this Colorado page and on my Denver pages. You will notice that many of the pages involve outdoor activities, and this is not only because this is what Colorado is all about, but it is also because living in Colorado helped me regain my love for the outdoors I nurtured as a kid growing up in Sweden.
Of course, my experiences in Colorado would not have been as exciting if it were not for my friends there. So, finally, I want to say to Danielle and Jaime: thank you for for teaching me to rock climb and all of our trips out of the city. These are the times I miss the most, and I promise you that when you come to Sweden, I will show it to you from its very best side: i.e. we will head outdoors!!!
- Pros:The MOUNTAINS, the sunny days, and cute small towns.
- Cons:Lack of diversity, it is expensive.
- In a nutshell:Perfect for an 'outdoorsy' person with money in the bank
Outside of Evergreen, there are three small mountain peaks called the Three Sisters. Around this area you're bound to... more travel advice
Loveland might not be the biggest skiing resort in Colorado, but it offers something most resorts don't: easy accessable... more travel advice
tejanasueca's Related Pages
Colorado Travel Guide
Member Travel Pages
- "COLORADO - CHAMPAGNE POWDERLANDS?"
- "Welcome to America's Playground!"
- "A Gallop Through Colorado"
- "The highest state in the nation"
- "Basaic Colorado Page"
- See All...
- Things to Do in Colorado
- Hotels in Colorado
- Transportation in Colorado
- Nightlife in Colorado
- Restaurants in Colorado
- Shopping in Colorado
- Warnings and Dangers in Colorado
- See All...
Badges & Stats in Colorado
- 52 Reviews
- 77 Photos
- 0 Forum posts
- 1 Cities
- See All Stats
- See All Badges (8)
Have you been to Colorado?Share Your Travels
Latest Activity in Colorado
Top 10 Pages
- Top 5 Page for this destination Denver Intro, 33 reviews, 48 photos, 2 travelogues
- Quito Intro, 34 reviews, 45 photos, 1 travelogue
- Top 5 Page for this destination Colorado Intro, 19 reviews, 29 photos, 1 travelogue
- Provincia de Pichincha Intro, 13 reviews, 34 photos, 1 travelogue
- Copacabana Intro, 14 reviews, 21 photos
- Cayambe Intro, 16 reviews, 18 photos, 1 travelogue
- Top 5 Page for this destination Denton Intro, 15 reviews, 16 photos, 1 travelogue
- Sweden Intro, 14 reviews, 16 photos
- Provincia de Mendoza Intro, 8 reviews, 19 photos, 1 travelogue
- Hacienda Picalquí Intro, 22 photos, 3 travelogues