"Capital By the Pacific" Lima by tejanasueca
Lima Travel Guide: 1,191 reviews and 2,768 photos
Lima is the bustling capital city of Peru situated on the beach of the Pacific Ocean. The older parts of the city, the center, hosts the old governmental buildings and is rich of history. This area also contains nice shopping areas and is a lively place around lunch time.
However, one needs to be very careful here once it gets dark. A better place to stay is in the area Miraflores, situated next to the ocean. Here you will be able to find hotels in all price ranges and also nice hostels. To actually walk down on the beach, one should be careful, but to enjoy the view from atop of the cliffs, preferebly why shopping in the exclusive mall who hugs the side of the cliffs, is certainly a must do. It's a nice, relaxing, and romantic place.
Lima also hosts nice museums that will give travelers a nice overview of the country's rich history before setting out to discover this big country.
- Pros:The views of the ocean are amazing
- Cons:A little too big for my preference...
This is nice mall build on the cliffs over looking the Pacific Ocean. The mall have some descent shops etc, but the best... more travel advice
tejanasueca's Related Pages
Lima Travel Guide
Member Travel Pages
- "El_Sueco's new Lima Page*)"
- "Lima from Callao"
- "It Never Rains in Lima, but Maybe it Should"
- "LIMA... HELL OF THE GODS!"
- See All...
- Things to Do in Lima
- Hotels in Lima
- Transportation in Lima
- Nightlife in Lima
- Restaurants in Lima
- Shopping in Lima
- Warnings and Dangers in Lima
- See All...
Badges & Stats in Lima
- 4 Reviews
- 7 Photos
- 0 Forum posts
- 0 Comments
- See All Stats
- See All Badges (4)
Have you been to Lima?Share Your Travels
Latest Activity in Lima
Photos in LimaSee All Photos (7)
Top 10 Pages
- Top 5 Page for this destination Denver Intro, 33 reviews, 48 photos, 2 travelogues
- Quito Intro, 34 reviews, 45 photos, 1 travelogue
- Top 5 Page for this destination Colorado Intro, 19 reviews, 29 photos, 1 travelogue
- Provincia de Pichincha Intro, 13 reviews, 34 photos, 1 travelogue
- Copacabana Intro, 14 reviews, 21 photos
- Cayambe Intro, 16 reviews, 18 photos, 1 travelogue
- Denton Intro, 15 reviews, 16 photos, 1 travelogue
- Sweden Intro, 14 reviews, 16 photos
- Provincia de Mendoza Intro, 8 reviews, 19 photos, 1 travelogue
- Hacienda Picalquí Intro, 22 photos, 3 travelogues