"Lagua Titicaca en Copacabana" Copacabana by tejanasueca
Copacabana Travel Guide: 25 reviews and 44 photos
Copacabana is a strange mix between old and new. It's proximity to the Sun Island, the scarce islands where the founders of the Inca Empire were born, tells if it's historical aspect. However, it's peaceful location by the shores of the Titicaca Lake has also attracted a young, often western, crowd trying to escape the busy 20th century.
Hence, the street hawkers in this town is a mix of indigenous with colorful traditional clothing, and what we would probably define, "modern day hippies," selling homemade bracelets, etc. It is a rather interesting mix, and it is obvious that some people that have come here on vaction, has simply opted to stay. However, this crowd is not big enough, thankfully, to expand the town in a noticable way. Rather, the town is still small, calm, and peaceful.
Essentially, Copacabana was a rather restfull stop on my South America trip, which included big cities such as Lima, La Paz, and Buenos Aires.
- Cons:Other than the trips on Lake Titicaca...there's not that much to do
- In a nutshell:Provides a relaxing "big city break" for a couple of days...
In the little museum you can enter when you reach the north side, there will be so me artifacts found on the bottom of... more travel advice
As Bolivia does not boarder any oceans, their navy is stationed by Lake Titicaca. The navy is small, but proud. Bolivia... more travel advice
tejanasueca's Related Pages
Copacabana Travel Guide
Member Travel Pages
- "Lagua Titicaca en Copacabana"
- "Beautifull town at lake titicaca"
- "Beautiful town on the lake"
- "Copacabana: chill by lake Titicaca"
- "Celebrating independece"
- See All...
- Things to Do in Copacabana
- Hotels in Copacabana
- Transportation in Copacabana
- Nightlife in Copacabana
- Restaurants in Copacabana
- See All...
Badges & Stats in Copacabana
- 14 Reviews
- 21 Photos
- 0 Forum posts
- 2 Comments
- See All Stats
- See All Badges (5)
Have you been to Copacabana?Share Your Travels
Latest Activity in Copacabana
Top 10 Pages
- Top 5 Page for this destination Denver Intro, 33 reviews, 48 photos, 2 travelogues
- Quito Intro, 34 reviews, 45 photos, 1 travelogue
- Top 5 Page for this destination Colorado Intro, 19 reviews, 29 photos, 1 travelogue
- Provincia de Pichincha Intro, 13 reviews, 34 photos, 1 travelogue
- Copacabana Intro, 14 reviews, 21 photos
- Cayambe Intro, 16 reviews, 18 photos, 1 travelogue
- Top 5 Page for this destination Denton Intro, 15 reviews, 16 photos, 1 travelogue
- Sweden Intro, 14 reviews, 16 photos
- Provincia de Mendoza Intro, 8 reviews, 19 photos, 1 travelogue
- Hacienda Picalquí Intro, 22 photos, 3 travelogues