"Dreaming of Traveling the World in 80 Days!" Strikinsmile's Profile

Officially a VT Blogger!

Giddy like a kid! That’s how I felt when I got an email from VT about me being considered an official VT Blogger, complete with a press pass, access to special events and what-have-you. So then I applied and expressed my interest to become one.

Giddier than ever! That’s me when I received an approval email this morning, informing me that I shall receive my press pass in the mail, and that I am now officially VT blogger!

I don’t know about you but in all my years of writing online, I have never really been designated as an official blogger or writer. I know, I know. I have quite a few blogs floating around somewhere on cyberspace, some are active while some are not. It’s just not that, well, organised and attended to.

Anyway, enough about those blogs. I’m just happy that I get to have the VT Blogger Press Pass soon, even though I have not been updating this for the past year. But I hope I do get to do that soon.

Happy blogging to all of you! And safe travels!

** Updating my blog and travel pages. Work in progress! **

One Cold Night in Barcelona

The Quatre Columnes (or Four Columns) designed by the famous art nouveau architect Puig i Cadalfalch, a symbol of the nation of Catalonia

I can still remember the night I took this shot. That moment, my hands were freezing and I was shaking because of the cold. But I didn't mind. I was so damn lucky to be there, capturing that moment and loving every second of it.

Viva Barcelona!

February, 2011 - T'was my first time leaving Asia and all I can say is, it was such an amazing experience! It took me at least half a day to adjust as I was so tired from the 13-hour flight, plus the two-hour stopover, and the cold weather. As soon as I boarded the cab from the airport to my hotel, I was smiling. I couldn't believe that I have journeyed to Europe for work and pleasure!

I visited the Museu Nacional d'Art de Catalunya and marveled at its beautiful architecture before going in. I stood there, took pictures and gushed at its beauty. It's not often that I see such amazing museums and this tops 'em off, the most beautiful museum I've ever been to.

Euro-Hangover

March, 2011 - Euro-hangover. Is there such a thing? Forgive me but I am really amazed by the wonderful experience I had in Spain, Rome, the Vatican and London last month. I consider myself lucky to have visited these places and I want to do it again. And explore more places and visit a few more countries. Can't get enough of Europe.

I wish I could go back to this side of the globe again.

When in Rome...

February, 2011 - Don't miss the famous colosseum (il Colosseo), the world recognised Roman amphitheatre. It's one of the best products of Roman architecture!

Hello, London!

February, 2011 - A day in London. Obviously, it wasn't enough. It was an unexpected stop on my way back to Singapore from Barcelona, transiting in London. The flight from London was delayed by a day so I had the chance to see the magnificent Windsor Castle and to shop for souvenirs. It was an amazing experience, indeed! I wanna see more of London!

Another "Snake Experience" in Bali, Indonesia

March, 2011 - I hate cold-blooded creatures, specifically the crawling kind (pun intended). I’m scared of scaly animals and I don’t dig reptiles as well as amphibians. The first time I held a snake was in 2005 in Bangkok (Thonburi Snake Farm). Its head was big and it's really heavy. I just posed for a picture and that was it. The second time was here in Singapore (Sentosa). Again, it was just for a few seconds because I really couldn't take it.

The latest one was in Bali, Indonesia (Turtle Island), where the snake was the smallest of all three. I still don't dig it but it was one heck of an experience. I am still not loving snakes. :-)

A Camera's Click

All things special, captured in one click
Tastefully preserved in a photograph that says,
"I was taken by my master.
I was seen through his eyes.
I am forever alive."

• Intro Updated Mar 7, 2013

Share your travels with the world!

Join Now!