Ames Things to Do Tips by kim83_50158
Ames Things to Do: 2 reviews and 1 photos
ISU: Curtiss Hall & Campanile
The campus is very beautiful year round. I personally like spring the best (and early summer), because the lilac trees and flowers are blossoming & blooming all around, and it smells heavenly (if you are smelling the flowers that is..hehe). There are a lot of trees all around campus that provide excellent scenery. Central Campus is especially beautiful. It's like a large park. Iowa State's Central Campus has been named one of the 3 most beautiful Central Campuses. There's a giant plaque in front of Curtiss Hall all about it or you can learn more about it on the ISU homepage. :-) I know Ames isn't really on the way anywhere (unless you're traveling Hwy 35 perhaps), but if you ever end up in central Iowa, it wouldn't be the worst waste of time. There are other things to do too, no worries. ;-)
Address: Central ISU Campus
Directions: The area north of the Memorial Union (which is on Lincolnway). The stretch from the MU north to the Campanile and farther north to MacKay Hall and Catt Hall. Beardshear Hall and Curtiss Hall form the other axis for the area.
Beautiful indoor gardens and butterfly wing!
Directions: South of Jack Trice Stadium on Elwood Dr. , Ames
More Reviews (5)
kim83_50158's Related Pages
Ames Travel Guide
Member Travel Pages
- "James in Ames"
- "Burgfresh's new Ames Page"
- "Iowa Cemeterys"
- "d_marquis's Ames Page: Best Pizza in the World!"
- "OrdWhite's new Ames Page"
- "Ames Is a Good Place To Live"
- See All...
Explore the World
- Invergarry Hotels
- Kunkletown Hotels
- Dikili Hotels
- West Yarmouth Hotels
- Conil de la Frontera Things to Do
- Lhasa Things to Do
- Saint Vincent and the Grenadines Things to Do
- Oakland Things to Do
- Porto Cristo Things to Do
- Tifton Things to Do
- Pedestrian Street (Nicolae Balcescu Street)
- Street Artists
- Church S Maria Forisportam
- Thien Hau Pagoda
- Camden Town, Lock and Market.
- Gallarus Oratory
Badges & Stats in Ames
- 7 Reviews
- 11 Photos
- 0 Forum posts
- 2 Comments
- See All Stats
- See All Badges (3)
Have you been to Ames?Share Your Travels
Latest Activity in Ames
Photos in AmesSee All Photos (11)
Top 10 Pages
- Germany Intro, 11 reviews, 18 photos, 3 travelogues
- Bolivia Intro, 9 reviews, 20 photos, 2 travelogues
- Switzerland Intro, 9 reviews, 13 photos, 2 travelogues
- Kiev Intro, 6 reviews, 14 photos, 2 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Sierra Leone Intro, 4 reviews, 16 photos, 2 travelogues
- Ames Intro, 7 reviews, 11 photos, 2 travelogues
- Munich Intro, 5 reviews, 9 photos, 1 travelogue
- Freetown Intro, 5 reviews, 9 photos, 1 travelogue
- Chicago Intro, 3 reviews, 10 photos, 1 travelogue
- New Orleans Intro, 5 reviews, 6 photos, 1 travelogue
FriendsSee All Friends (23)
Latest Ames hotel reviews
- Heartland Inn Ames
- 22 Reviews & Opinions
Latest: May 4, 2013