"Everyday suburbia in Silicon Valley" Milpitas by ccvisit

Milpitas Travel Guide: 10 reviews and 6 photos

Milpitas, Cah-lee-FOURrr-Nee-yah

Milpitas today is your typical suburban city located about a 45 minute drive south of San Francisco, so the general area is the South Bay (of the larger “Bay Area”). Within the Bay Area, Milpitas is also a part of Silicon Valley and has its share of technology companies, most notably Applied Materials, Cisco, HP, Palm, etc.

More importantly, we're also built on a landfill and several major faults (but what fault line isn’t major?) snake through or near us, so when that Big Quake hits…

In the meantime, we enjoy being in the shadow of the City (San Francisco) and we enjoy lots of ethnic restaurants, particularly of the Asian variety. So, it's definitely not a tourist spot, there are no significant historical sites, no notable architecture, not even a scandalous story.

But we do have the Great Mall, reputably the largest mall west of the Mississippi. The Great Mall was once the old Ford Motor plant that provided exponential growth for Milpitas back in the day.

So, tips will be few and most, if not all, will be my ramblings about local restaurants, just in case you happen to wander in.

Nope, no tourist attractions, but lots of friends and family live in or around the area so that’s enough of an attraction for me. Check it out:

• Intro Updated Feb 1, 2005

• planxty's Profile Photo
    Mar 7, 2011 at 1:24 AM

Hello Cherry, I just stumbled on this page by accident, i had never even heard of Milpitas. Just another place I have to visit, I suppose! fergy.

• lynlynn's Profile Photo
    Oct 27, 2004 at 9:19 AM

whatta ya mean no scantlous stories?? i've tons of scantlous stories.....

ccvisit Lives Here!

ccvisit

“Wax on. Wax off.”

Badges & Stats in Milpitas

Have you been to Milpitas?

Latest Activity in Milpitas