"I am what you say I am (Eminem's a freakin genius)" ccvisit's Profile
The best part of traveling for me is coming home. And the best part about being home after living out of a luggage? I get to sleep in my own bed and use my own bathroom. I get to eat my mom's cooking--dinardaran specifically which is euphemistically called "chocolate meat" but it ain't got cocoa, that's for sure.
And I invite my friends over so I can talk their ear off with my travel stories. I like to think they come out of friendship and a sincere interest in my recent travel pictures, but I know it's because I bribe them with food and drink.
I get to see my family, drive my car (on a side I'm used to), listen to radio stations that play Hip Hop and "radio romantica", watch ESPN Sportscenter, go to the local Starbucks and get an uber latte that has no resemblance to the original drink, and...and...the list goes on...
But the bestest part about being home and settling into my routine is: just when I'm about to get fully re-aquainted with the familiar, I start planning the next trip in my head. It starts out as a wish or a nice to have, but then I voice it to one of my friends: "Hey, I'd like to go there..."
And there it is. The possibility of me leaving again is carried out in soundwaves to the cosmos and there's no turning back. I'm surfing the web, packing my bags and dusting off my passport.
But it's cool. I leave to go home and go home to leave. It's an endless cycle that I welcome.
I always like to go on VT right before a trip. It's calming knowing a whole community of like minded travelers will be out and about and maybe, just maybe, I'll rub elbows with a VT member on a crowded bus or train and not even know it. Or unknowingly exchange pleasantries with a fellow member or sit right next to one at a random bar. So many possibilities (more like PROBABILITIES) give me comfort.
On Wednesday (Oct 15) I leave for Munich, Germany. I'm feeling the usual things--excitement, anticipation, and anxiety in leaving the familiar. I'm traveling by myself initially and will meet with friends in Dresden. Things I have yet to do:
2. find a hotel in Munich
3. research how to get to Dresden from Munich
4. find passport (hmm, maybe I should put that as #1)
Personal Pages (1)
Top Travel Pages
Share your travels with the world!Join Now!
Badges & Stats
- 37 Reviews
- 72 Photos
- 3 Countries
- 6 Cities
- See All Stats
- See All Badges (2)
- Posted in Travel Asia Forum "Re: Jetstar Airlines"
- Commented on mcasil's profile page
updated their Profile Page "I am what you say I am (Eminem's a freakin genius)"
- Wrote a Review Banaue Rice Terraces in Banaue Things to Do
- Uploaded a Photo to "Manila"
- created a City of Manila Travel Page "Manila"
PhotosSee All Photos (72)
Top 5 Pages
- Sydney Intro, 10 reviews, 26 photos, 3 travelogues
- Seattle Intro, 9 reviews, 12 photos
- Portland Intro, 7 reviews, 10 photos
- City of Manila Intro, 4 reviews, 7 photos
- Melbourne Intro, 4 reviews, 3 photos
No friends yet.
- Paris Hotels
- 22459 Reviews - 54962 Photos
- Dubai Hotels
- 2701 Reviews - 7925 Photos
- London Hotels
- 23315 Reviews - 48908 Photos
- Philadelphia Hotels
- 2093 Reviews - 4054 Photos
- New York City Hotels
- 15643 Reviews - 31276 Photos
- Manila Hotels
- 2025 Reviews - 4971 Photos
- Orlando Hotels
- 3092 Reviews - 5855 Photos
- Cancún Hotels
- 1933 Reviews - 3724 Photos
- Punta Cana Hotels
- 422 Reviews - 1020 Photos
- Baguio Hotels
- 328 Reviews - 894 Photos
- Playa del Carmen Hotels
- 780 Reviews - 1749 Photos
- Rome Hotels
- 12023 Reviews - 26760 Photos
- Goa Hotels
- 2058 Reviews - 3874 Photos
- Istanbul Hotels
- 7828 Reviews - 20233 Photos
- Bangkok Hotels
- 10315 Reviews - 22905 Photos