"Birzebbugia" Birzebbuga by Elly01

Birzebbuga Travel Guide: 2 reviews and 29 photos

Birzebbugia

To me Birzebbugia is like a fishing village like Marsaxlokk as it is in an inlet of Malta. It is like this coz rock protudes outwards thus causing an inlet and Birzebbuga is in one of these inlets. It is a very quiet village - gets noiser in Summer but outwise its very laid back - worth visiting if u know the points and places to visit.

Around Birzebbuga

My last visit here was on Good Friday. Me and my fiance went for a walk with another couple. It was a really long and relaxing walk - we really enjoyed it. We went to the area we locals call Delimara this is part of Birzebbugia infact from Delimara one can see a nice view of Birzebbugia and the freeport where all the cargo ships bring containers to Malta. Around the place it is not so good to swim. Going Back to our walk in Delimara - I have posted some very nice photos on this section. We also visited the area of Deutchville which I think was where once a German tv station was situated but I am not very sure about this. Just below there are these cliffs and very open sea. Once here an foreigner was killed and eaten by a great white shark. Even though sometimes we often read many articles on this issue however no one knows what really happened because strangely enough it was the only shark attack we had in Malta however as u can see from the photos below the sea is very uncontrolled in this area.

Freeport

• Last visit to Birzebbuga: Apr 2007
  • Intro Updated Apr 18, 2007

Elly01

“Where ever you go there is always something new to see !”

Badges & Stats in Birzebbuga

Have you been to Birzebbuga?

Latest Activity in Birzebbuga