"Mgarr" Mgarr by Elly01
Mgarr Travel Guide: 6 reviews and 18 photos
This is the Mgarr Church even though there is also another church which the people from Mgarr use however it is in Zebbiegh a very small section of Mgarr. Around the Mgarr church you can find everything and it is here that all the shops are situated mostly. There are not hotels in Mgarr as far as I know however there are many local restaurants that serve Maltese food at very good bargain prices.
This village is a very laid back village. I even heard once that the people in church sit down as in men on one side and women on another side something which in Malta has changed alot however for these villagers it seems that certain things are still taboo.
This is road coming from St Paul's Bay towards Mgarr church Pjazza where the church is situated. Mgarr is well known for the fresh fruit and vegetables infact every year they organise what they call 'Lejla Maltija' where most people of Mgarr sell fruit, veggies and have other stalls all around the Pjazza of the Church.
There is something which always fascinated me with this village and its people. I think they are so reserved and such inidividuals ... its like they don t need anyone on earth they have their own supermarket, own crops and shops and their own life. In Mgarr a percentage of the people even marry and live in thier own village. Well the place is so nice that I think they find it hard to get out of it once you are part of it. I had spent a Summer in Mgarr attending a youth centre there and this is the feeling I used to feel - that once you are there you feel you cannot get out again and the people are so friendly at the same time.
This is another typical Maltese place however quieter than Ta' Soldi as its smaller however you have to book here as its... more travel advice
you can go down to Gnejna Bay this is one of the nicest beaches in Malta however be careful when going into the water as... more travel advice
Elly01's Related Pages
Mgarr Travel Guide
Member Travel Pages
- "More prehistoric temples................."
- "Rough Weather at Gnjena Beach in Mgarr !"
- See All...
Badges & Stats in Mgarr
- 4 Reviews
- 11 Photos
- 0 Forum posts
- 0 Comments
- See All Stats
- See All Badges (9)
Have you been to Mgarr?Share Your Travels
Latest Activity in Mgarr
Top 10 Pages
- Malta Intro, 58 reviews, 117 photos, 8 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Saint Julian's Intro, 82 reviews, 80 photos, 4 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Sliema Intro, 51 reviews, 66 photos, 4 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Valletta Intro, 34 reviews, 62 photos, 6 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Rabat Intro, 26 reviews, 52 photos, 5 travelogues
- Gozo Intro, 10 reviews, 51 photos, 7 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Comino Island Intro, 6 reviews, 40 photos, 5 travelogues
- Marsaxlokk Intro, 8 reviews, 26 photos, 2 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Vittoriosa Intro, 10 reviews, 23 photos, 2 travelogues
- Birzebbuga Intro, 1 review, 28 photos, 3 travelogues