"Rabat - A village with loads of mystery & cultural" Top 5 Page for this destination Rabat by Elly01
Rabat Travel Guide: 116 reviews and 412 photos
Rabat is a very old village which consists of loads of cultural thus making it very interesting and attractive. Many tourists every year visit Rabat on account of this. Rabat is situated on a high hill and on account of this one can enjoy beautiful views from any part of Rabat. The surrounding parts of Rabat are rural land therefore greenary that surrounds Rabat is very picturesque.
Mdina is a small city where no cars are allowed in and only a few people live today. Today it has become a very commercial place and is visited by many tourists. In olden days this was used as a safe place from the enemy. The city is surrounded by bastions which where very hard for the enemy to climb up and the roads where built on purpose 'looking as if they have an end' but then consisted of hidden turnings which the enemy did not know about.
- Pros:It's a place rich in history !
- Cons:It has become more commercialised than it once was !
- In a nutshell:Peaceful place to be & offers magestic views over the surrounding countryside since it is situated high up!
This is a really nice pjazza just opposite Jerry's chopsticks u can park here and walk into Mdina more travel advice
Elly01's Related Pages
Rabat Travel Guide
Member Travel Pages
- "A Roman Villa & some great catacombes"
- "Rabat - A village with loads of mystery & cultural"
- "Rabat - Catacomb City"
- "Rabat, the Neighbour of Mdina"
- "Rabat, next door to Mdina"
- See All...
- Things to Do in Rabat
- Hotels in Rabat
- Transportation in Rabat
- Nightlife in Rabat
- Restaurants in Rabat
- Shopping in Rabat
- Warnings and Dangers in Rabat
- See All...
Badges & Stats in Rabat
- 26 Reviews
- 52 Photos
- 0 Forum posts
- 2 Comments
- See All Stats
- See All Badges (9)
Have you been to Rabat?Share Your Travels
Latest Activity in Rabat
Top 10 Pages
- Malta Intro, 58 reviews, 117 photos, 8 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Saint Julian's Intro, 82 reviews, 80 photos, 4 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Sliema Intro, 51 reviews, 66 photos, 4 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Valletta Intro, 34 reviews, 62 photos, 6 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Rabat Intro, 26 reviews, 52 photos, 5 travelogues
- Gozo Intro, 10 reviews, 51 photos, 7 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Comino Island Intro, 6 reviews, 40 photos, 5 travelogues
- Marsaxlokk Intro, 8 reviews, 26 photos, 2 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Vittoriosa Intro, 10 reviews, 23 photos, 2 travelogues
- Birzebbuga Intro, 1 review, 28 photos, 3 travelogues