"Sliema - One of the most visited places in Malta !" Top 5 Page for this destination Sliema by Elly01

Sliema Travel Guide: 251 reviews and 587 photos

Sliema Promenade !

Sliema is situated just after Gzira if you are coming from the direction of Valletta the capital city ! It's very easy to find - just follow the promenade.

The Strand !

Every year Sliema is visited by many tourists since it is the place where one can find shops, shopping arcades, cafeterias, restaurants and hotels. The central part of Sliema is called 'The Strand' and alongside the sea one can also take a boat trip that can take you around the Maltese Islands, to Comino for the day or around the Grand Harbour. One can also make access of the ferry that crosses over to Valletta every hour. I guess the price is 75 cents at least the last time I used it, it costed that much :-) At the Strand one can even take a bus trip all the way up to Rabat, I am under the impression that the Bus No. is 65 and also a bus trip all the way up to Bugibba (Bus No. 70) - however check the timing in order to catch the bus back on time as these trips are not so often - I think they are on the hour. Leaving the Strand behind and walking along the
promenade, passing the old Fort (which today is TGI), keep on walking until you reach the tower.
Walking along the promenade will take you all the way to Balluta and all the way up to St.Julians.

Another view of Sliema!

View of Sliema taken from Tigne point. Tigne is the other point of Sliema that is in the opposite direction of Gzira. This is where the promenade of 'The Strand' ends. Today a luxrious hotel is being built.

Go on youtube on www.youtube.com and copy and paste this link look how nice

• Pros:Very central but commercialized place!
  • Cons:Parking can be unbearable at times !!!!
  • In a nutshell:The seaview from Sliema is very peaceful and relaxing !
  • Intro Updated Aug 10, 2009

• Jan 15, 2010 at 12:35 PM

We went to the Tex Mex on the 15th January 2010. The man that greeted us on the door was rude and impatient. He kept moving furniture around, shouting at staff and hitting the backs of our chair as he went past. We left without ordering.

• Jun 4, 2009 at 2:31 PM

holiday in malta, you must go to sliema walk up through the promenade visit the duck village , talk to joe duck he tends all the ducks , pigeons, chickens , on his island all done volentarily, please support him he does a great job many thanks

• Sep 11, 2007 at 11:10 AM

Elisa, I think that your photo of 7 March 2005 is of Tower Road, vicinity of Triq Karm Galea - not The Strand. Splendid photos and definition. What camera? Regards, Trevor.

• king_tedy's Profile Photo
    Feb 21, 2007 at 12:58 AM

Hey, you have really good pictures and tips. after i saw your page, i decided visit Malta :) Have a good day

• Dick33's Profile Photo
    May 2, 2006 at 2:11 AM

your Malta pages are greay I will be back in Malta this june.

• STEFZAMM's Profile Photo
    Feb 18, 2005 at 6:58 AM

IT'S TIME TO RATE SOME MALTA TIPS.. very well done.. I should keep working on my Malta pages too :) Hope all is well & hope we could meet again.

• steventilly's Profile Photo
    Feb 17, 2005 at 12:34 AM

Excellent tips. Sliema is our favourite place to stay in Malta, thoughwe were all ill after eating at TGIF last time :-S

• sandysmith's Profile Photo
    Jan 23, 2005 at 12:18 PM

I shall I shall be spoilt for choice for eateries, thanks again

• mazzap's Profile Photo
    Jan 16, 2005 at 1:32 PM

Hi Elly - I had a look at your Sliema pages to cheer myself up! It's cold and damp here - I miss Malta and the sun badly :-(( Mx.

• Sep 29, 2004 at 2:34 AM

Elisa, wonderful page with lots of information. cool job...

Elly01

“Where ever you go there is always something new to see !”

Badges & Stats in Sliema