"Sliema - One of the most visited places in Malta !" Top 5 Page for this destination Sliema by Elly01
Sliema Travel Guide: 252 reviews and 590 photos
Sliema is situated just after Gzira if you are coming from the direction of Valletta the capital city ! It's very easy to find - just follow the promenade.
Every year Sliema is visited by many tourists since it is the place where one can find shops, shopping arcades, cafeterias, restaurants and hotels. The central part of Sliema is called 'The Strand' and alongside the sea one can also take a boat trip that can take you around the Maltese Islands, to Comino for the day or around the Grand Harbour. One can also make access of the ferry that crosses over to Valletta every hour. I guess the price is 75 cents at least the last time I used it, it costed that much :-) At the Strand one can even take a bus trip all the way up to Rabat, I am under the impression that the Bus No. is 65 and also a bus trip all the way up to Bugibba (Bus No. 70) - however check the timing in order to catch the bus back on time as these trips are not so often - I think they are on the hour. Leaving the Strand behind and walking along the
promenade, passing the old Fort (which today is TGI), keep on walking until you reach the tower.
Walking along the promenade will take you all the way to Balluta and all the way up to St.Julians.
View of Sliema taken from Tigne point. Tigne is the other point of Sliema that is in the opposite direction of Gzira. This is where the promenade of 'The Strand' ends. Today a luxrious hotel is being built.
Go on youtube on www.youtube.com and copy and paste this link look how nice
- Pros:Very central but commercialized place!
- Cons:Parking can be unbearable at times !!!!
- In a nutshell:The seaview from Sliema is very peaceful and relaxing !
Take a ferry from Sliema seafront next to Captain Morgan boats you will see the blue ferry. I think the cost is 1.86... more travel advice
This is a music shop. Here one can buy cassettes, compact dics, dvds and videos. The shop is also euipped with stereos... more travel advice
- See All Don't miss out on the Spare Ribs !
- See All Road that joins St.Julians to Sliema
- See All Bay View Hotel
- See All The Lazarett Hospital
Elly01's Related Pages
Sliema Travel Guide
Member Travel Pages
- "Sliema - One of the most visited places in Malta !"
- "Sliema Strand and Gzira"
- "A perfect place to choose a hotel for Malta !"
- "Sliema- Malta's best resort"
- "A decent place to stay."
- "Sliema - Malta"
- See All...
- Things to Do in Sliema
- Hotels in Sliema
- Transportation in Sliema
- Nightlife in Sliema
- Restaurants in Sliema
- Shopping in Sliema
- Warnings and Dangers in Sliema
- See All...
Badges & Stats in Sliema
- 51 Reviews
- 66 Photos
- 0 Forum posts
- 11 Comments
- See All Stats
- See All Badges (16)
Have you been to Sliema?Share Your Travels
Latest Activity in Sliema
Photos in SliemaSee All Photos (66)
Top 10 Pages
- Malta Intro, 58 reviews, 117 photos, 8 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Saint Julian's Intro, 82 reviews, 80 photos, 4 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Sliema Intro, 51 reviews, 66 photos, 4 travelogues
- Valletta Intro, 34 reviews, 62 photos, 6 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Rabat Intro, 26 reviews, 52 photos, 5 travelogues
- Gozo Intro, 10 reviews, 51 photos, 7 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Comino Island Intro, 6 reviews, 40 photos, 5 travelogues
- Marsaxlokk Intro, 8 reviews, 26 photos, 2 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Vittoriosa Intro, 10 reviews, 23 photos, 2 travelogues
- Birzebbuga Intro, 1 review, 28 photos, 3 travelogues