"TULUM ---- ESTADO DE QUINTANA ROO" Top 5 Page for this destination Tulum by LoriPori
Tulum Travel Guide: 461 reviews and 1,356 photos
Monday, January 24, 2005.
Hans and I took local buses to TULUM. After making a stop in Play Del Carmen, it was another 39 miles, or 63 Km south.
Tulum is Mayan for "WALL" and dates to the period A.D. 900. The seaside archeological site of Tulum was once known as the "City of the Dawn". It is the only Mayan port city ever discovered and features more than 60 well-preserved buildings to explore, like the Castle, The Temple of the Wind God, Temple of the Descending God and Temple of the Frescoes God.
Also there is a wonderful beach "Papaya Playa" which many people were enjoying.
The main temple of EL CASTILLO
Temple of Frescoes or TEMPLO DE LOS FRESCOS
One of the largest residential structures in the Tulum Ruins THE HOUSE OF THE COLUMNS was originally in the shape of an... more travel advice
As you are leaving the square and heading towards the ruins, on your right there were three young men in ceremonial... more travel advice
LoriPori's Related Pages
Tulum Travel Guide
Member Travel Pages
- "The Ruins and the Cove of Tulum & Caribbean Sea"
- "TULUM - maya ruins, white beaches and turquise sea"
- "Ahhhhh. The Yucatan"
- "TULUM ---- ESTADO DE QUINTANA ROO"
- See All...
- Things to Do in Tulum
- Hotels in Tulum
- Transportation in Tulum
- Nightlife in Tulum
- Restaurants in Tulum
- Shopping in Tulum
- Warnings and Dangers in Tulum
- See All...
Badges & Stats in Tulum
- 15 Reviews
- 26 Photos
- 0 Forum posts
- 18 Comments
- See All Stats
- See All Badges (114)
Have you been to Tulum?Share Your Travels
Latest Activity in Tulum
Photos in TulumSee All Photos (26)
Top 10 Pages
- Top 5 Page for this destination Windsor Intro, 111 reviews, 332 photos, 7 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Torremolinos Intro, 82 reviews, 346 photos, 13 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Sibiu Intro, 45 reviews, 252 photos, 10 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Marbella Intro, 53 reviews, 222 photos, 8 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Cascais Intro, 38 reviews, 234 photos, 10 travelogues
- Krakow Intro, 45 reviews, 218 photos, 10 travelogues
- Spain Intro, 55 reviews, 197 photos, 7 travelogues
- Chicago Intro, 42 reviews, 193 photos, 8 travelogues
- Prague Intro, 64 reviews, 159 photos, 5 travelogues
- Bergamo Intro, 34 reviews, 181 photos, 9 travelogues