"BEAUTIFUL BANFF, ALBERTA" Banff by LoriPori

Banff Travel Guide: 478 reviews and 1,023 photos

BANFF--A LITTLE BIT OF HEAVEN

Hans and I visited BANFFon Sunday May 25, 2003 and again on Saturday June 7. It was our first stopover since arriving by airplane, in Calgary. Banff is 138 kilometres west if Calgary. Our first impression was how beautiful the town was, with the Cascade Mountain in the background. Banff isn't big but it is warm and cozy with its quaint little shops and restaurants. It makes you think you are in an Alpine village.
The name Banff comes from Banffshire Scotland, the birthplace of two major financiers of the Canadian Pacific Railway.

WELCOME TO BEAUTIFUL BANFF

CASCADE MOUNTAIN

This awesome picture was taken by Hans (Waalewiener).

• Pros:Breathtaking Beauty of the Town of Banff
  • Cons:Absolutely none
  • Last visit to Banff: May 2003
  • Intro Updated Apr 7, 2005

• balhannah's Profile Photo
    Jul 9, 2013 at 4:19 AM

Thanks for the memories of a wonderful time we had in Banff!

• LoriPori's Profile Photo
      Jul 9, 2013 at 10:50 AM

Banff really is beautiful isn't it. Thanks for stopping by

• yumyum's Profile Photo
    Apr 15, 2008 at 10:37 AM

I was here on a daytrip from Calgary in 1988. Love the mountains.

• Kuznetsov_Sergey's Profile Photo
    Mar 18, 2008 at 10:57 AM

The Cascade Mountain makes Banff very attractive for a visit. I would like to see where the water falls... Thanks Lori for sharing!

• TheTravelSlut's Profile Photo
    Sep 3, 2007 at 7:46 AM

Hi Lori. Great pages and great photos. I missed it on my last Canada trip but I won't miss it when I get back to that area next time! Take care. Ann, The Travel Slut

• toonsarah's Profile Photo
    Mar 2, 2007 at 11:27 AM

Looks a great place for a mountain lover like me - Cascade Mountain especially. You've certainly tempted me to visit Banff some day!

• Diana75's Profile Photo
    Jan 30, 2007 at 2:15 AM

I love the mountain scenery and Banff looks like the perfect place for me. Great information, Lori.

• JLBG's Profile Photo
    Dec 29, 2006 at 9:11 PM

Banff looks ideally situated in the middle of a really breathtaking country! A very interesting page!

• Tourtech's Profile Photo
    Jul 31, 2006 at 7:06 PM

You have a lot of great pages.. I really want to take my wife Jennifer to Banff, she has never been. I enjoyed every trip I have done. Perhaps after she learns to ski this winter... Safe travels from reccently moved Out Easters!

• traveldave's Profile Photo
    Jul 28, 2006 at 6:31 AM

I used to live at the edge of the Rocky Mountains in Colorado, but have never been to the Canadian Rockies. I'd love to go there someday.

• Karolina01's Profile Photo
    Sep 3, 2005 at 4:56 PM

I went to Banff two years ago, and I hope I'll go again some day.

LoriPori

“Travel Near - Travel Far - The Limit is the Sky”

Badges & Stats in Banff