"BELLE RIVER ONTARIO" Belle River by LoriPori
Belle River Travel Guide: 17 reviews and 223 photos
"The settlement of this area began following the survey in 1793 of the lots fronting on the Belle River. Among the early settlers were many French Canadians from the vicinity of the Detroit River. When the Great Western Railway was constructed, 1852-53, a station named Belle River was opened here. By 1855 a steam grist-mill and sawmill had been erected by Luc Ouellette and others, and a community known as Rochester soon developed. It was supported by a brisk lumber trade but attracted few other industries and in 1866 had only 300 inhabitants. On November 26, 1874, the community now comprising over 750 persons, was incorporated as the Village of Belle River, and on January 1, 1969, it became a Town."
This inscription is on a Plaque " The Founding of Belle River" located in Ladoucer Park at the corner of St. Peter Street.
I'm going to use my Belle River page to highlight the pictures of MOTHER GOOSE AND BABIES. See the Travelogues below this page. Enjoy!
Every Sunday during the summer from 10:00 a.m. to 2:00 p.m. you can enjoy the BELLE RIVER FARMERS' MARKET. Held in... more travel advice
Isabelle and Frank Ladouceur donated the land that is now LADOUCEUR PARK. It is also known as Lion's Park. The 6.59 acre... more travel advice
LoriPori's Related Pages
Belle River Travel Guide
- Things to Do in Belle River
- Restaurants in Belle River
- Shopping in Belle River
- See All...
Badges & Stats in Belle River
- 11 Reviews
- 81 Photos
- 0 Forum posts
- 9 Comments
- See All Stats
- See All Badges (135)
Have you been to Belle River?Share Your Travels
Latest Activity in Belle River
Top 10 Pages
- Top 5 Page for this destination Torremolinos Intro, 88 reviews, 389 photos, 16 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Windsor Intro, 115 reviews, 339 photos, 7 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Sibiu Intro, 45 reviews, 252 photos, 10 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Marbella Intro, 53 reviews, 222 photos, 8 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Cascais Intro, 38 reviews, 234 photos, 10 travelogues
- Krakow Intro, 45 reviews, 218 photos, 10 travelogues
- Tallinn Intro, 39 reviews, 223 photos, 10 travelogues
- Spain Intro, 55 reviews, 198 photos, 7 travelogues
- Riga Intro, 41 reviews, 212 photos, 10 travelogues
- Chicago Intro, 42 reviews, 193 photos, 8 travelogues