"BELLE RIVER ONTARIO" Belle River by LoriPori
Belle River Travel Guide: 15 reviews and 219 photos
"The settlement of this area began following the survey in 1793 of the lots fronting on the Belle River. Among the early settlers were many French Canadians from the vicinity of the Detroit River. When the Great Western Railway was constructed, 1852-53, a station named Belle River was opened here. By 1855 a steam grist-mill and sawmill had been erected by Luc Ouellette and others, and a community known as Rochester soon developed. It was supported by a brisk lumber trade but attracted few other industries and in 1866 had only 300 inhabitants. On November 26, 1874, the community now comprising over 750 persons, was incorporated as the Village of Belle River, and on January 1, 1969, it became a Town."
This inscription is on a Plaque " The Founding of Belle River" located in Ladoucer Park at the corner of St. Peter Street.
I'm going to use my Belle River page to highlight the pictures of MOTHER GOOSE AND BABIES. See the Travelogues below this page. Enjoy!
Isabelle and Frank Ladouceur donated the land that is now LADOUCEUR PARK. It is also known as Lion's Park. The 6.59 acre... more travel advice
Located at 300 South Street at the intersection of St. Peter Street, BELLE RIVER UNITED CHURCH has been serving Bell... more travel advice
LoriPori's Related Pages
Belle River Travel Guide
Member Travel Pages
- "BELLE RIVER ONTARIO"
- "Belle River"
- "Visit of Sue & Roy in Windsor Ontario part 1"
- See All...
- Things to Do in Belle River
- Restaurants in Belle River
- Shopping in Belle River
- See All...
Badges & Stats in Belle River
- 9 Reviews
- 77 Photos
- 0 Forum posts
- 9 Comments
- See All Stats
- See All Badges (114)
Have you been to Belle River?Share Your Travels
Latest Activity in Belle River
- Posted in Travel Cleveland Forum "Re: Amish country what not to..."
- Commented on one of LoriPori's Belle River travel pages
- Wrote a Review LADOUCEUR PARK - LIONS PARK in Belle River Things to Do
- Uploaded a Photo to "LADOUCEUR PARK - LIONS PARK"
- updated a Belle River Travel Page "BELLE RIVER ONTARIO"
Top 10 Pages
- Top 5 Page for this destination Windsor Intro, 111 reviews, 332 photos, 7 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Torremolinos Intro, 82 reviews, 346 photos, 13 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Sibiu Intro, 45 reviews, 252 photos, 10 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Marbella Intro, 53 reviews, 222 photos, 8 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Cascais Intro, 38 reviews, 234 photos, 10 travelogues
- Krakow Intro, 45 reviews, 218 photos, 10 travelogues
- Spain Intro, 55 reviews, 197 photos, 7 travelogues
- Chicago Intro, 42 reviews, 193 photos, 8 travelogues
- Prague Intro, 64 reviews, 159 photos, 5 travelogues
- Bergamo Intro, 34 reviews, 181 photos, 9 travelogues