"CHEMAINUS ---WORLD FAMOUS MURALS" Top 5 Page for this destination Chemainus by LoriPori
Chemainus Travel Guide: 30 reviews and 59 photos
On Tuesday, June 2, Hans and I visitedCHEMAINUS. We were told that it was a definite must see and we were not disappointed. This charming seaside village on Vancouver Island is a favourite destination for family fun and romantic getaways.
In 1982, the people of Chemainus invited internationally known artists to use the town as a canvas.Today more than 34 murals and 12sculptures depict the town's history, people and future. You can follow the footprints for a self-guided tour or go by horse-drawn carriage.
Gift shops and art galleries abound, offering some of the island's best pottery and native and local artworks.There are numerous open-air cappuccino bars and restaurants.
Open year-round, The Chemainus Theatre is a live professional regional theatre company, staging world classics, musicals and new plays featuring guest artists from across North America.
History buffs will enjoy the Chemainus Valley Museum where artifacts and archives document the area's history.
Chemainus is a scenic one hour drive from Victoria or 1/2 hour south of Nanaimo on Highway 1. If you get the chance to go there, please do. Hans and I thoroughly enjoyed it there.
- Pros:So Many Beautiful Murals
- Cons:So Little Time
The CHEMAINUS THEATRE is another big draw in town and presents live professional theatre year-round, with special summer... more travel advice
Mural by Peter Bresnen (1988). On May 16, 1897 Harry Smith and partner staked the famous Lenora Claim for copper. more travel advice
LoriPori's Related Pages
Chemainus Travel Guide
Member Travel Pages
- "FULL OF SURPRISEs"
- "CHEMAINUS ---WORLD FAMOUS MURALS"
- "CHEMAINUS ....."
- "Chemainus, British Columbia"
- See All...
- Things to Do in Chemainus
- Hotels in Chemainus
- Restaurants in Chemainus
- Shopping in Chemainus
- See All...
Badges & Stats in Chemainus
- 6 Reviews
- 7 Photos
- 0 Forum posts
- 11 Comments
- See All Stats
- See All Badges (135)
Have you been to Chemainus?Share Your Travels
Latest Activity in Chemainus
Photos in ChemainusSee All Photos (7)
Top 10 Pages
- Top 5 Page for this destination Torremolinos Intro, 84 reviews, 369 photos, 15 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Windsor Intro, 114 reviews, 339 photos, 7 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Sibiu Intro, 45 reviews, 252 photos, 10 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Marbella Intro, 53 reviews, 222 photos, 8 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Cascais Intro, 38 reviews, 234 photos, 10 travelogues
- Krakow Intro, 45 reviews, 218 photos, 10 travelogues
- Tallinn Intro, 39 reviews, 223 photos, 10 travelogues
- Spain Intro, 55 reviews, 198 photos, 7 travelogues
- Riga Intro, 41 reviews, 212 photos, 10 travelogues
- Chicago Intro, 42 reviews, 193 photos, 8 travelogues