Collingwood Off The Beaten Path Tips by LoriPori Top 5 Page for this destination
Collingwood Off The Beaten Path: 8 reviews and 8 photos
Located north-east of Collingwood in Orillia, CASINO RAMA is open 24 hours a day, 7 days a week. Over 2,300 slot machines, more than 110 gaming tables, poker room, 9 restaurants, weekly big-name concerts and a 300 room all-suite luxury hotel & spa.
Hans and I went in to see it and it was absolutely beautiful. Native Indian inspired interior with wood ceiling beams. Hansi did OK on the slot machines, but I decided not to play as you got vouchers for your winnings instead of coins. I like the jingle of the coins. What can I say!!!
Other Contact: 1-800-832-7529 Ext. 5181
WASAGA BEACH Provincial Park has eight beach areas, each with its own washrooms, changing facilities and picnic tables. The World's Longest Freshwater Beach attracts visitors from around the world. A swimming and sunbathing paradise, you have your choice of resorts, lodges, hotels, motels, housekeeping cottages and campgrounds.
Activities include excellent fishing, miles of cycling trails, boating, golf and water sports in the summer, and in the winter, groomed cross-country skiing areas and snowmobile trails
Entry fees for vehicles only.
At the most popular beach, Beach Area One, Parking was $2.00 and hour. Different private parking areas offer parking for $5.00 for the day.
Wasaga Beach is located east of Collingwood. Highway 26 directs traffic to Wasaga Beach via Mosley Street.
The twin spires of the MARTYRS' SHRINE are clearly visible above the tree line as you approach the lovely town of Midland.
A National Shrine in honour of eight Jesuit Martyrs, you can walk the same ground as these men of courage and faith did more than 350 years ago. They planted the roots of Christianity in the Huronia region of Ontario.
Outdoor Stations of the Cross, statuary and fountains
Religious articles & souvenir shop
Cafeteria and Picnic Areas on spacious grounds
Bus tours and school groups welcome
Open daily from May 14 until October 10, 2005
Located northeast of Collingwood at 16163 Highway 12 in Midland
For more information on the Martyrs' Shrine please see my MIDLAND pages.
Other Contact: E-mail firstname.lastname@example.org
Phone: ( 705 ) 526-3788
Boardwalk - Lake Couchiching
Steps from Downtown Orillia is a beautiful waterfront park on LAKE COUCHICHING.
Hans, Jane and I parked the car, got out and walked along the boardwalk. Folks were enjoying the warm, sunny Saturday afternoon on their boats.
Also available is the Orillia Boat Cruises that we saw sailing on Lake Couchiching. So all in all -- a very lovely spot to spend the day.
Phone: (705) 326-6314
More Reviews (5)
LoriPori's Related Pages
Collingwood Travel Guide
Member Travel Pages
- "COLLINGWOOD****A GEORGIAN BAY GEM"
- "Georgian Baywatch"
- "Collingwood - 4 Season Destination"
- "Monday, Collingwood"
- "Blue Mountain"
- See All...
- Things to Do in Collingwood
- Hotels in Collingwood
- Transportation in Collingwood
- Restaurants in Collingwood
- Shopping in Collingwood
- Warnings and Dangers in Collingwood
- See All...
Explore the World
- Monti del Chianti Hotels
- Highgate Hotels
- Mafikeng Hotels
- Nong Bua Lamphu Hotels
- Distrito de Bragança
- Orvieto Off The Beaten Path
- Kharkiv Off The Beaten Path
- Ukraine Off The Beaten Path
- Galveston Off The Beaten Path
- Quirky Stuff
- Markets and Street Scenes
- Penteli mountain
- Wexford Off The Beaten Path
- Saint-Malo Off The Beaten Path
- Stavanger Off The Beaten Path
- Wroclaw Off The Beaten Path
- Exotic animals
Badges & Stats in Collingwood
- 9 Reviews
- 11 Photos
- 0 Forum posts
- 15 Comments
- See All Stats
- See All Badges (112)
Have you been to Collingwood?Share Your Travels
Latest Activity in Collingwood
- Posted in Miscellaneous Forum "Re: Questions for this time of year"
- Commented on one of LoriPori's Collingwood travel pages
- Wrote a Review VISIT WASAGA BEACH in Collingwood Off The Beaten Path
- Uploaded a Photo to "VISIT MARTYRS' SHRINE IN MIDLAND"
- updated a Collingwood Travel Page "COLLINGWOOD****A GEORGIAN BAY GEM"
Photos in CollingwoodSee All Photos (11)
Top 10 Pages
- Top 5 Page for this destination Windsor Intro, 111 reviews, 332 photos, 7 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Torremolinos Intro, 81 reviews, 336 photos, 12 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Sibiu Intro, 45 reviews, 252 photos, 10 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Marbella Intro, 53 reviews, 222 photos, 8 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Cascais Intro, 38 reviews, 234 photos, 10 travelogues
- Krakow Intro, 45 reviews, 218 photos, 10 travelogues
- Spain Intro, 54 reviews, 192 photos, 7 travelogues
- Chicago Intro, 42 reviews, 193 photos, 8 travelogues
- Prague Intro, 64 reviews, 159 photos, 5 travelogues
- Bergamo Intro, 34 reviews, 181 photos, 9 travelogues
FriendsSee All Friends (122)
Latest Collingwood hotel reviews
- Westin Trillium House Blue Mountain
- 517 Reviews & Opinions
Latest: Nov 26, 2013
- Georgian Manor Resort
- 433 Reviews & Opinions
Latest: Nov 12, 2013
- Cranberry Resort
- 462 Reviews & Opinions
Latest: Dec 5, 2013
- 127 Reviews & Opinions
Latest: Nov 24, 2013
- Blue Mountain Inn
- 121 Reviews & Opinions
Latest: Nov 23, 2013
- Club Intrawest Blue Mountain
- 55 Reviews & Opinions
Latest: Nov 10, 2013
- Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites Collingwood - Blue Mountain
- 123 Reviews & Opinions
Latest: Nov 21, 2013
- Weider Lodge - Blue Mountain Resort
- 58 Reviews & Opinions
Latest: Dec 1, 2013
- Seasons at Blue - Blue Mountain Resort
- 63 Reviews & Opinions
Latest: Nov 12, 2013
- Pleasant Manor Motel
- 24 Reviews & Opinions
Latest: Aug 1, 2013
- Mountain View Villas at Cranberry
- 19 Reviews & Opinions
Latest: Oct 6, 2013
- Collingwood Thriftlodge
- 2 Reviews & Opinions