"COLLINGWOOD****A GEORGIAN BAY GEM" Top 5 Page for this destination Collingwood by LoriPori

Collingwood Travel Guide: 44 reviews and 98 photos

A SPECIAL DAY WITH SPECIAL FRIENDS

On May 16 & 17, 2004, Hans and I made the trip to Stayner, Ontario to visit our dear friends, Nathalie and Jacob. We had a wonderful time together. Besides Stayner, we went to Creemore and Collingwood.
COLLINGWOOD is one of Ontario's best-known four season resort communities and is located on the southern shores of beautiful Georgian Bay.

MILLENIUM OVERLOOK PARK

Nathalie and Jacob took us to Millenium Overlook Park, which has a stunning view of Georgian Bay. It was a sunny, bright , but a little cool day.

• Pros:A place that has something for everyone.
  • In a nutshell:A charming town on the Georgian Bay
  • Last visit to Collingwood: May 2004
  • Intro Updated Jun 28, 2005

• balhannah's Profile Photo
    Oct 10, 2013 at 1:45 AM

Another lovely spot you have found! I really adore Mrs. Mitchell's cottage - so cute!

• LoriPori's Profile Photo
      Oct 10, 2013 at 3:40 AM

Collingwood is certainly one of Ontario's gems. People come from all over to visit this area.

• jumpingnorman's Profile Photo
    Aug 25, 2009 at 8:11 AM

Wonderful place with that nice Victorian building and I would love to JUMP beside that sign with the OERVLOOK sign where you and Hansi have a nice pic...LOL, I also like the jingle of coins in casinos, Norman :)

• Kuznetsov_Sergey's Profile Photo
    May 8, 2008 at 9:27 AM

A pleasant all seasons resort! Martyrs' Shrine and Wasaga Beach look worthy to visit. Thanks Lori for the virtual tour!

• traveldave's Profile Photo
    Oct 26, 2007 at 7:58 AM

I love small towns along the shores of the Great Lakes, and Collingwood looks like a nice place to visit.

• SLLiew's Profile Photo
    Oct 10, 2007 at 7:21 AM

Nice little town by the lake. SL :)

• Diana75's Profile Photo
    May 3, 2007 at 12:56 PM

Another interesting page of ours, Lori. I remember some pictures of the Martyrs' Shrine I've seen a couple of years ago. I'd love to visit it.

• JLBG's Profile Photo
    Feb 16, 2007 at 1:44 PM

The Collingwood federal building looks really beautiful! Collingwood seems to be nice and quiet!

• cnango's Profile Photo
    Apr 24, 2006 at 2:28 PM

Cute pic of U 2 in front of the giant granite Maple leaf ; ) Collingwood's architecture & swimmers beach look amazing . We need to plan yet another Ontario holiday, after our short May stay at Niagra on the Lake ! GR8 page as always Lori ! CHEERS, Nancy

• easyoar's Profile Photo
    Jul 9, 2005 at 2:48 PM

That is a beautiful building, be nice to know what it was! /// Hansi went to school here too!!!

• Bwana_Brown's Profile Photo
    Jun 27, 2005 at 4:39 PM

Nice photo of that old Victorian Town Hall. I bet this is a nice place to wander around!

LoriPori

“Travel Near - Travel Far - The Limit is the Sky”

Badges & Stats in Collingwood

Have you been to Collingwood?

Latest Activity in Collingwood