"LOVELY LUNENBURG" Top 5 Page for this destination Lunenburg by LoriPori

Lunenburg Travel Guide: 73 reviews and 239 photos

LUNENBURG

Monday, September 10, 2012
Situated on Nova Scotia's South Shore, LUNENBURG is located on a peninsula at the western side of Mahone Bay and approximately 90 km southwest of the city of Halifax. The historic town was designated a UNESCO World Heritage Site in 1995. This designation ensures protection for much of Lunenburg's unique architecture.
Lunenburg has a long history of building wooden ships, the most famous being the schooner Bluenose. Her sister ship Bluenose II is a huge tourist attraction and Lunenburg is her home port.
Tourism is Lunenburg's most important industry and thousands visit the town every year. A number of restaurants, Inns, Hotels and shops service this tourist trade. The town is home to the Fisheries Museum of the Atlantic. Other tourist attractions include Lunenburg Academy, Whale Watching Tours, Knaut -Rhuland House Museum and St. John's Anglican Church.
Hans and I thoroughly enjoyed our stay in Lunenburg.

• Pros:Great little town - so much color
  • Cons:A litlle rainy and cloudy
  • Last visit to Lunenburg: Sep 2012
  • Intro Updated Oct 3, 2012

• balhannah's Profile Photo
    Jan 25, 2014 at 1:47 AM

A lovely page Lori! The town is so bright and colourful, and as for the Church, I would love to see it for myself!

Jan 25, 2014 at 3:29 AM

Lunenburg was indeed a lovely town to visit. I really liked the colourful buildings. Thanks for stopping by.

• MalenaN's Profile Photo
    Dec 31, 2012 at 12:17 AM

Lovely historic buildings! And so much red! That lobster looks very yummy.

Dec 31, 2012 at 3:58 AM

Lunenburg was one of my favorite towns we visited on our road trip.

• Kuznetsov_Sergey's Profile Photo
    Oct 30, 2012 at 7:29 AM

An interesting historic place! The Lobster of Hansi looks very appetizing... No wonder you enjoyed your stay in Lunenburg!

Oct 30, 2012 at 2:58 PM

It is a lovely town to visit - so much colour and so photogenic. Hansi got to have his lobster twice during this trip. I don't care for it myself and would rather have a nice fish and chips dinner.

• GentleSpirit's Profile Photo
    Oct 26, 2012 at 4:31 AM

Very colorful. a bit more ornate than what i saw elsewhere on cape breton. Oh that lobster dinner looked excellent! Did you get to go out on a lobster boat? good page lori!

Oct 26, 2012 at 12:23 PM

No, we didn't go out on a lobster boat. Saw lots of them, but it was not lobster season, when we were there. Most lobster we saw, were in tanks.

• Waalewiener's Profile Photo
    Oct 14, 2012 at 4:55 PM

Oh my that Lobster dinner I will never forget that one
    Nice place Lunenburg I liked it Good page Lori

LoriPori

“Travel Near - Travel Far - The Limit is the Sky”

Badges & Stats in Lunenburg

Have you been to Lunenburg?

Latest Activity in Lunenburg