"LOVELY LUNENBURG" Top 5 Page for this destination Lunenburg by LoriPori
Lunenburg Travel Guide: 92 reviews and 329 photos
Monday, September 10, 2012
Situated on Nova Scotia's South Shore, LUNENBURG is located on a peninsula at the western side of Mahone Bay and approximately 90 km southwest of the city of Halifax. The historic town was designated a UNESCO World Heritage Site in 1995. This designation ensures protection for much of Lunenburg's unique architecture.
Lunenburg has a long history of building wooden ships, the most famous being the schooner Bluenose. Her sister ship Bluenose II is a huge tourist attraction and Lunenburg is her home port.
Tourism is Lunenburg's most important industry and thousands visit the town every year. A number of restaurants, Inns, Hotels and shops service this tourist trade. The town is home to the Fisheries Museum of the Atlantic. Other tourist attractions include Lunenburg Academy, Whale Watching Tours, Knaut -Rhuland House Museum and St. John's Anglican Church.
Hans and I thoroughly enjoyed our stay in Lunenburg.
- Pros:Great little town - so much color
- Cons:A litlle rainy and cloudy
Located at 138 Montague, the LUNENBURG OUTFITTING CO. was started by William Duff and built between 1879 & 1890. The... more travel advice
Located at 81 Cumberland Street, ST. JOHN'S ANGLICAN CHURCH OF CANADA was established in 1753 with its first days... more travel advice
LoriPori's Related Pages
Lunenburg Travel Guide
Member Travel Pages
- "Lunenburg - A Wonderful & Colourful Town"
- "LOVELY LUNENBURG"
- "LUNENBURG, NOVA SCOTIA"
- "A day-trip to Lunenburg, home of Bluenose II"
- "Lunenberg: Seacoast Jewel in Nova Scotia"
- "So wonderful it is UNESCO rated."
- "Lunenburg - a rather dull UNESCO world heritage"
- See All...
- Things to Do in Lunenburg
- Hotels in Lunenburg
- Transportation in Lunenburg
- Nightlife in Lunenburg
- Restaurants in Lunenburg
- Shopping in Lunenburg
- Warnings and Dangers in Lunenburg
- See All...
Badges & Stats in Lunenburg
- 8 Reviews
- 46 Photos
- 0 Forum posts
- 6 Comments
- See All Stats
- See All Badges (133)
Have you been to Lunenburg?Share Your Travels
Latest Activity in Lunenburg
Top 10 Pages
- Top 5 Page for this destination Torremolinos Intro, 84 reviews, 369 photos, 15 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Windsor Intro, 114 reviews, 339 photos, 7 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Sibiu Intro, 45 reviews, 252 photos, 10 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Marbella Intro, 53 reviews, 222 photos, 8 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Cascais Intro, 38 reviews, 234 photos, 10 travelogues
- Krakow Intro, 45 reviews, 218 photos, 10 travelogues
- Tallinn Intro, 39 reviews, 223 photos, 10 travelogues
- Spain Intro, 55 reviews, 198 photos, 7 travelogues
- Riga Intro, 41 reviews, 212 photos, 10 travelogues
- Chicago Intro, 42 reviews, 193 photos, 8 travelogues