"MAGICAL MAHONE BAY" Top 5 Page for this destination Mahone Bay by LoriPori
Mahone Bay Travel Guide: 28 reviews and 108 photos
Tuesday, September 11, 2012
We were told "you're going to love Mahone Bay". Well, we did. It certainly is a Special Place.
Located only one hour from Halifax MAHONE BAY is easily accessible via Highway 103, The Lighthouse Route, on the beautiful South Shore of Nova Scotia.
European settlers arrived here in 1754. The town's heritage homes and original architecture are much photographed and painted making it a popular spot for artists.
Protected waters and magnivicent vistas, make it a popular sailing, kayaking, cycling and hiking destination.
Our first view of Mahone Bay was breath-taking. You see all the sailboats bobbing in the Harbour, then you see the iconic "Three Churches" - St. James Anglican Church, St. John's Evangelical and Trinity United. This wonderful view is on many pictures and postcards from the town.
There is also the Settler's Museum to visit.
Built at its current site at 89 Edgewater Street in 1869 ST/ JOHN'S EVANGELICAL LUTHERAN CHURCH was renovated in 1903,... more travel advice
Located at 165 Edgewater Street, the MAHONE BAY VISITOR INFORMATION CENTRE provides information on what to see and what... more travel advice
LoriPori's Related Pages
Mahone Bay Travel Guide
Member Travel Pages
- "Mahone Bay - On The Bay of Islands"
- "Beautiful Mahone Bay"
- "MAGICAL MAHONE BAY"
- "Mahaone Bay, Nova Scotia"
- "Three churches and a nice centre"
- "Pretty in the Mist, bet its gorgeous with the sun!"
- "Touristy but pleasant"
- See All...
- Things to Do in Mahone Bay
- Transportation in Mahone Bay
- Restaurants in Mahone Bay
- Shopping in Mahone Bay
- See All...
Badges & Stats in Mahone Bay
- 5 Reviews
- 32 Photos
- 0 Forum posts
- 0 Comments
- See All Stats
- See All Badges (112)
Have you been to Mahone Bay?Share Your Travels
Latest Activity in Mahone Bay
- Posted in Miscellaneous Forum "Re: Ylvis, have you seen them?"
- Commented on one of pieter_jan_v's Mahone Bay travel pages
- updated a Mahone Bay Travel Page "MAGICAL MAHONE BAY"
- Wrote a Review ST. JOHN'S EVANGELICAL LUTHERAN CHURCH in Mahone Bay Favorites
- Uploaded a Photo to "ST. JOHN'S EVANGELICAL LUTHERAN CHURCH"
Photos in Mahone BaySee All Photos (32)
Top 10 Pages
- Top 5 Page for this destination Windsor Intro, 111 reviews, 332 photos, 7 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Torremolinos Intro, 81 reviews, 336 photos, 12 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Sibiu Intro, 45 reviews, 252 photos, 10 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Marbella Intro, 53 reviews, 222 photos, 8 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Cascais Intro, 38 reviews, 234 photos, 10 travelogues
- Krakow Intro, 45 reviews, 218 photos, 10 travelogues
- Spain Intro, 54 reviews, 192 photos, 7 travelogues
- Chicago Intro, 42 reviews, 193 photos, 8 travelogues
- Prague Intro, 64 reviews, 159 photos, 5 travelogues
- Bergamo Intro, 34 reviews, 181 photos, 9 travelogues