"OSOYOOS---OASIS IN THE DESSERT" Top 5 Page for this destination Osoyoos by LoriPori

Osoyoos Travel Guide: 34 reviews and 64 photos

OSOYOOS ---A DELIGHTFUL TOWN

Osoyoos is a thriving , bustling community of approximately 6,000 people. It comes alive every summer with its wonderfully warm weather and beautiful lake. Their climate is unique to Canada and boasts the only desert in Canada. And don't forget the two desert centres and Pioneer Walkway. Hans and I thoroughly enjoyed ourselves here and we're glad we didn't miss it.

• Pros:A very intriguing Town
  • Last visit to Osoyoos: May 2003
  • Intro Written Oct 21, 2004

• HORSCHECK's Profile Photo
    Sep 6, 2010 at 1:42 PM

Interesting to read that this place boasts the only Canadian desert. Lori, lovely little page here.

• Basaic's Profile Photo
    Dec 14, 2009 at 10:56 AM

A nice lake and the Canadian desert. A must see! Thanks for visiting my Amado and Madera Canyon pages.

• Redlats's Profile Photo
    Jul 22, 2008 at 2:06 PM

The last time I visited Osoyoos was in August, and the accommodations were a lot more expensive. We arrived late, and all that was left for us was a camping spot under an apple tree for more than $50.

• Kuznetsov_Sergey's Profile Photo
    Apr 1, 2008 at 11:53 AM

I would like to taste an ice cream in such unusual place - Windmill restaurant. Thanks for the virtual tour!

• traveldave's Profile Photo
    Feb 6, 2008 at 12:11 PM

I never knew there's a desert in Canada, especially BC, which I thought was mostly forested. You learn something new on VT every day!

• Aug 4, 2007 at 6:29 AM

My family used to spend time in Oosyoos in the 70's. We rented trailhorses & were guided by an old Indian. Is the Indian horse sculpture in honor of that old Indian horse guide who died when a rattlesnake bit him?

• Diana75's Profile Photo
    May 3, 2007 at 12:38 PM

It's always nice to discover new and interesting places like Osoyoos. I have never heard before about the Canadian desert. Lovely page, Lori.

• JLBG's Profile Photo
    Feb 1, 2007 at 1:12 PM

The NK'MIP Sculpture is a wonder! Windmill reminding of the Netherlands and Osoyoos Indian Band make an amazing mix!

• Darby2's Profile Photo
    Sep 17, 2005 at 6:28 AM

Did you visit any of the wineries in the area. Gillian and I took in a couple from the Upper bench Road...Burrowing Owl and Desert Hills.

• Bwana_Brown's Profile Photo
    Aug 12, 2005 at 4:05 AM

I had heard of this Canadian desert before, but always nice to learn more about it! The boardwalk interprertive walking trail sounds great. I've got to do more exploring in BC!

LoriPori

“Travel Near - Travel Far - The Limit is the Sky”

Badges & Stats in Osoyoos

Have you been to Osoyoos?

Latest Activity in Osoyoos