"POINT PELEE NATIONAL PARK" Point Pelee by LoriPori
Point Pelee Travel Guide: 52 reviews and 132 photos
Located only one hour from the Windsor/Detroit border, near Leamington, POINT PELEE NATIONAL PARK has more rare and endangered plants and animals than anywhere in Canada, thus making it the most popular park in Canada's National Parks System. It is a nature lover's paradise with over 700 species of plant life and is renowned as the finest place in North America for birdwatching.
There are 22.5 km of sand and pebble beaches, a mile long boardwalk and nature trails.
Point Pelee is Canada's most Southern point. THE "TIP" is a sandspit extending into Lake Erie. The length and shape of the sandspit varies according to water levels and currents. The shuttle from the Visitor Centre drops you off at the Trailhead where this picture was taken.
We walked along the MARSH BOARDWALK. It's about a mile long and took us a little over an hour to walk it. We saw numerous water lillies, several turtles, a few black birds and heard many frogs jumping into the water when they heard us approach. All in all it was a wonderful experience.
Conveniently located in the Marsh Boardwalk area, you will find the CATTAIL CAFE'. It has the usual fastfood fare at... more travel advice
As cars are not allowed on the roadway to the "TIP", you can board the complimentary TRAIN TO THE "TIP". It leaves... more travel advice
Written Apr 19, 2008
A FUN DAY AT "THE POINT"
Written Jun 17, 2005
PLANT & ANIMAL LIFE OF POINT PELEE
LoriPori's Related Pages
Point Pelee Travel Guide
Member Travel Pages
- "POINT PELEE NATIONAL PARK"
- "Point Pelee National Park"
- "Point Pelee National Park of Canada (PPNP)"
- "Point Pelee"
- "Pelee Winery Veneyards Inc"
- "LEAMINGTON THE TOMATO CAPITAL OF CANADA"
- "Where it's actually warm in Canada"
- See All...
- Things to Do in Point Pelee
- Hotels in Point Pelee
- Transportation in Point Pelee
- Restaurants in Point Pelee
- Shopping in Point Pelee
- Warnings and Dangers in Point Pelee
- See All...
Badges & Stats in Point Pelee
- 20 Reviews
- 40 Photos
- 0 Forum posts
- 25 Comments
- See All Stats
- See All Badges (107)
Have you been to Point Pelee?Share Your Travels
Latest Activity in Point Pelee
Photos in Point PeleeSee All Photos (40)
Top 10 Pages
- Top 5 Page for this destination Windsor Intro, 110 reviews, 318 photos, 6 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Torremolinos Intro, 81 reviews, 336 photos, 12 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Marbella Intro, 53 reviews, 222 photos, 8 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Cascais Intro, 38 reviews, 234 photos, 10 travelogues
- Krakow Intro, 45 reviews, 218 photos, 10 travelogues
- Spain Intro, 54 reviews, 192 photos, 7 travelogues
- Chicago Intro, 42 reviews, 193 photos, 8 travelogues
- Prague Intro, 64 reviews, 159 photos, 5 travelogues
- Bergamo Intro, 34 reviews, 181 photos, 9 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Halifax Intro, 31 reviews, 172 photos, 9 travelogues