"REVELSTOKE" Top 5 Page for this destination Revelstoke by LoriPori
Revelstoke Travel Guide: 40 reviews and 81 photos
Monday, May 26, 2003
The town of REVELSTOKE is nestled between two mountain ranges, the Monashees in the west and the Selkirks in the east. Located 565 km east of Vancouver BC and 410 km west of Calgary AB.
In 1811, David Thomson mapped the Columbia River for westward expansion. During the Big Bend Gold Rush of the mid 1860's, the river and its streams yielded mineral wealth to some for a short time. Surveyor, AS Farwell applied for a provincial land grant and surveyed a townsite where it was obvious the railway would cross the Columbia. Revelstoke was incorporated as a city in 1899 and named after one of its key British financiers -- Lord Revelstoke.
So Much To Do
The city of Revelstoke satisfies a variety of interests. Take a stroll along the streets of historic downtown & perhaps stop at the Grizzly Plaza. Visit the Railway Museum and the Firefighters'
Museum. Marvel at the wealth of Revelstoke's heritage buildings like the Court House, the Old Post Office and the "Roxy".
- Pros:A pretty neat little town, rich in History
The beautifully restored downtown amid spectacular scenery, make this an unforgettable location. In July and August,... more travel advice
The museum houses the beautifully restored CPR locomotive "Mikado P-2K 2-8-2" one of the largest steam engines ever used... more travel advice
LoriPori's Related Pages
Revelstoke Travel Guide
Member Travel Pages
- "Revelstoke a B.C.City full of rich Heritage"
- "Back country skiing with the ease of the Resort"
- "Revelstoke BC"
- See All...
Badges & Stats in Revelstoke
- 9 Reviews
- 12 Photos
- 0 Forum posts
- 17 Comments
- See All Stats
- See All Badges (135)
Have you been to Revelstoke?Share Your Travels
Latest Activity in Revelstoke
Photos in RevelstokeSee All Photos (12)
Top 10 Pages
- Top 5 Page for this destination Torremolinos Intro, 88 reviews, 389 photos, 16 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Windsor Intro, 114 reviews, 339 photos, 7 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Sibiu Intro, 45 reviews, 252 photos, 10 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Marbella Intro, 53 reviews, 222 photos, 8 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Cascais Intro, 38 reviews, 234 photos, 10 travelogues
- Krakow Intro, 45 reviews, 218 photos, 10 travelogues
- Tallinn Intro, 39 reviews, 223 photos, 10 travelogues
- Spain Intro, 55 reviews, 198 photos, 7 travelogues
- Riga Intro, 41 reviews, 212 photos, 10 travelogues
- Chicago Intro, 42 reviews, 193 photos, 8 travelogues