Vancouver Island Hotel Tips by LoriPori Top 5 Page for this destination
Vancouver Island Hotels: 80 reviews and 43 photos
Paradise Motel brochure
Wednesday, June 4, Hans and I decided to stay overnight in Parksville. We picked the PARADISE SEA SHELL MOTEL because of the price and it was a good location, right near a beach. They offered a free continental breakfast that started at 8:00. Free internet service was also available, but they only gave time enough to send an E-mail message home.
The room was small but what can you expect for $39.95 plus taxes ($46.35).
Address: 411 West Island Hwy. Parksville
Comparison: less expensive than average
SOMASS MOTEL BROCHURE
Located on Highway 4, Hans and I chose Port Alberni to stay overnight as we wanted a full day to explore Tofino and the Pacific Rim Park. The SOMASS MOTEL is a nice family run motel. It was neat and clean and a refrigerator was provided which is always appreciated. The price was a reasonable $55.00 plus tax (63.25).
Unique Qualities: I liked the location of the motel. It was walking distance to town. You had to go over a bridge where we spotted a big beaver making its way down the Somass River. I know it's just a beaver but it was a pretty awesome sight for us city slickers. We also saw an Eagle carrying a fish home to its baby eaglets. Cool or what?
Address: 5279 River Road Port Alberni
Comparison: about average
Directions: Highway 4 East of Tofino
On Monday night, June 2, we stayed at PAUL'S MOTOR INN. It was recommended to us, so we thought we would check it out. It was walking distance to downtown and close to shops and restaurants. The price was $69.00 plus taxes ($80.73)
Address: 1900 Douglas Street
Comparison: about average
More Reviews (19)
- See All PARKSVILLE----INFO CENTRE
- See All COLLECT DRIFTWOOD ON LONG BEACH
- NEVER FEED WILDLIFE
LoriPori's Related Pages
Vancouver Island Travel Guide
Member Travel Pages
- "Getting close to nature"
- "THE MANY FACES OF VANCOUVER ISLAND"
- "Vancouver Island"
- "Vancouver Island, BC, Canada...the most beautiful"
- "Beautiful Vancouver Island"
- "Beautiful beyond words - despite the weather!"
- "The Most Relaxing Place on Earth!"
- See All...
- Things to Do in Vancouver Island
- Hotels in Vancouver Island
- Transportation in Vancouver Island
- Nightlife in Vancouver Island
- Restaurants in Vancouver Island
- Shopping in Vancouver Island
- Warnings and Dangers in Vancouver Island
- See All...
Explore the World
- Legacy Mountain Resort
- Americinn Calumet (56925 S 6TH St.)
- Fairfield Inn By Marriott Orlando Airport
- Raymond IV Grand Hotel Toulouse
- Villa Anjuna
- Pension Reuss
- Luang Prabang Bakery Guesthouse
- Raffles Grand Hotel D'Angkor
- Ecolodge Nakari Village
- Fox Hollow Bed And Breakfast
- Shanghai Xi Jiao Hotel
- Uno House
- Beijing Dream Hostel
Badges & Stats in Vancouver Island
- 22 Reviews
- 21 Photos
- 1 Forum posts
- 28 Comments
- See All Stats
- See All Badges (112)
Have you been to Vancouver Island?Share Your Travels
Latest Activity in Vancouver Island
Photos in Vancouver IslandSee All Photos (21)
Read real reviews about Vancouver Island Hotels!
Top 10 Pages
- Top 5 Page for this destination Windsor Intro, 111 reviews, 332 photos, 7 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Torremolinos Intro, 81 reviews, 336 photos, 12 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Sibiu Intro, 45 reviews, 252 photos, 10 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Marbella Intro, 53 reviews, 222 photos, 8 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Cascais Intro, 38 reviews, 234 photos, 10 travelogues
- Krakow Intro, 45 reviews, 218 photos, 10 travelogues
- Spain Intro, 54 reviews, 192 photos, 7 travelogues
- Chicago Intro, 42 reviews, 193 photos, 8 travelogues
- Prague Intro, 64 reviews, 159 photos, 5 travelogues
- Bergamo Intro, 34 reviews, 181 photos, 9 travelogues