"THE MANY FACES OF VANCOUVER ISLAND" Top 5 Page for this destination Vancouver Island by LoriPori

Vancouver Island Travel Guide: 230 reviews and 697 photos

EXPLORING VANCOUVER ISLAND

Hans and I arrived Monday June 2, by Ferry to VANCOUVER ISLAND. Places we visited were Victoria, then North on Highway 1 to Cowichan Bay, Duncan and Chemainus, then west on Highway 4 to Port Alberni and Tofino. We then backtracked Highway 4 to Parksville and Nanaimo where we took the Ferry back to the Mainland. Although we only explored the southern half of Vancouver Island, what we saw and experienced was just fantastic.

• Last visit to Vancouver Island: Jun 2003
  • Intro Updated Oct 24, 2004

• Yaqui's Profile Photo
    Nov 30, 2011 at 6:11 PM

The murals are wonderful. The cathedral groves and the drift wood on Long Beach is so neat. Wonderful page and I enjoyed reading it!

• Regina1965's Profile Photo
    Oct 26, 2011 at 11:53 AM

I cannot wait to visit Victoria, Lori, thanks for the tips, and it will be lovely meeting you and Hansi in Seattle :D

• evaanna's Profile Photo
    Jul 3, 2009 at 4:42 AM

Lovely page on this scenic island. The City of Totems sounds really worth visiting as does the Cathedral Grove. I hope the bears keep to their own paths, as do those in the Tatras here and you don't often meet them.

• jumpingnorman's Profile Photo
    Jun 15, 2009 at 5:27 AM

This City of Totems looks so familiar...the twins would love this! My son gets more scared though..Nice tip on bears...I don't think I can act "dead" though! I'll try to ROAR him away..

• tiabunna's Profile Photo
    Oct 24, 2008 at 2:57 AM

I enjoyed visiting Vancouver Island through your page, Lori. We didn't get as far as you, but it was impressive and your page has helped to bring it back.

• Kuznetsov_Sergey's Profile Photo
    May 13, 2008 at 10:43 AM

I liked tips about the MacMillan Park- Cathedral Grove. Forest giants more than 800 years old impress a lot! Now I know what to do if I meet a bear somewhere, ha-ha... Thanks Lori for the virtual tour!

• Nemorino's Profile Photo
    Mar 22, 2008 at 4:01 PM

Interesting tips. I'd love to see the totem poles and the 800-year-old Douglas Firs.

• ricky52's Profile Photo
    Aug 17, 2007 at 3:39 AM

Doing some R & D for friends who are going to Vancouver next year. Great info. See ya in Germany.

• starship's Profile Photo
    Aug 16, 2007 at 12:20 PM

Nice page to visit once again, Lori. I'd like to see Vancouver Island again!

• traveldave's Profile Photo
    May 28, 2007 at 10:52 AM

Never knew much about Vancouver Island. Looks like a great place with spectacular scenery. Hope you have a great time in Greece.

LoriPori

“Travel Near - Travel Far - The Limit is the Sky”

Badges & Stats in Vancouver Island

Have you been to Vancouver Island?

Latest Activity in Vancouver Island