Windsor Shopping Tips by LoriPori Top 5 Page for this destination
Windsor Shopping: 15 reviews and 27 photos
My son-in-law was so excited when the brand new GOLF TOWN opened up. He is a real golf enthusiast and he's pretty good too.
Golf Town is a huge store carrying everything the golfer may need, such as golf bags, golf clubs including irons, putters, woods and drivers, golf balls, head covers and towels, golf shirts and shoes, etc.
They carry brand names like Calloway Golf, Founders Club and Wilson and offer some great sales on golf club sets often including the bag.
Address: 1695 Manning Road, Windsor N8N2L9
Theme: Sporting Goods
Shoppers Drug Mart
I just love SHOPPERS DRUG MART. It has such a huge variety of items to choose from. It started out as the neighbourhood drug store but has grown into Windsor's largest drug store chain with 13 stores in Windsor and many more in the surrounding areas. I have given the address of the store I usually deal with. For the Shoppers Drug Mart near you check their website.
What to buy: Toiletry items - shampoo, deodorant, make-up
Health remedies - aspirin, cough syrup, vitamins
Food items - grocery section, milk, bread, eggs, pop, snacks
some stores have a full-service post office
some stores have an "Easy Pix" section to have your pictures developed and also may have Kodak picture center to make pics or CD's from you digital camera. I get mine done here for .29 cents per pic.
All have a full service prescription counter to get your prescriptions filled or ask any health-related questions.
What to pay: I always check out their weekly flyer to see what specials were being offered for the week.
Address: 7720 Tecumseh Road East
Canadian Tire Store
On September 15, 1922, two brothers John W. and Alfred J. Billes bought Hamilton Tire & Garage in Toronto's east end. The brothers had in stock a small range of repair parts, tires and batteries for most popular car makes of the day.
In 1927 CANDIAN TIRE CORPORATIONofficially incorporated. From across the country, people were looking for automotive parts that were hard to find in more isolated areas . So in 1928 the brothers produced their first catalogue featuring tire values on one side and a handy road map of Ontario on the back. Today, Canadian Tire's annual catalogue is distributed annually to almost 9 million households.
I love shopping at Canadian Tire. I probably go there at least once a week. They have great weekly specials. They carry sporting goods, hardware, electronics, housewares, garden & patio, auto accessories, pet food and accessories, swimming pool supplies and much more.
Canadian Tire also has their own mechanic's garage and gas bar.
Address: 8595 Tecumseh Road East
Phone: 519 948-8111
Galerie D'Art Royale
Galerie D'Art Royale is housed in the restored Barclay Building which was Walkerville' historic former post office and town hall.
What to buy: Original oils, acrylics, pastels, watercolours, limited and open edition prints and serigraphs, wildlife and native sculptures, collector clocks from Holland as well as custom framing services.
Address: 350 Devonshire Road
Directions: Old Walkerville District
Phone: (519) 254-3444
More Reviews (107)
- See All 47TH INTERNATIONAL CHILDREN'S GAMES...
- See All CANADIAN HISTORICAL AIRCRAFT MUSEUM
- See All LAKEWOOD PARK NORTH
- See All DINER
- See All 25 REASONS TO LOVE LIVING IN WINDSOR
LoriPori's Related Pages
Windsor Travel Guide
Member Travel Pages
- "WINDSOR - MY HOME TOWN"
- "There's no Place Like Home"
- "Windsor and Essex County, Ontario"
- "Hiram Walker.'s Canadian Club Distillery."
- "Windsor Wonderland"
- "As south as you'll get in Canada"
- See All...
- Things to Do in Windsor
- Hotels in Windsor
- Transportation in Windsor
- Nightlife in Windsor
- Restaurants in Windsor
- Shopping in Windsor
- Warnings and Dangers in Windsor
- See All...
Badges & Stats in Windsor
- 111 Reviews
- 331 Photos
- 0 Forum posts
- 68 Comments
- See All Stats
- See All Badges (114)
Have you been to Windsor?Share Your Travels
Latest Activity in Windsor
Top 10 Pages
- Top 5 Page for this destination Windsor Intro, 111 reviews, 332 photos, 7 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Torremolinos Intro, 82 reviews, 346 photos, 13 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Sibiu Intro, 45 reviews, 252 photos, 10 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Marbella Intro, 53 reviews, 222 photos, 8 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Cascais Intro, 38 reviews, 234 photos, 10 travelogues
- Krakow Intro, 45 reviews, 218 photos, 10 travelogues
- Spain Intro, 55 reviews, 197 photos, 7 travelogues
- Chicago Intro, 42 reviews, 193 photos, 8 travelogues
- Prague Intro, 64 reviews, 159 photos, 5 travelogues
- Bergamo Intro, 34 reviews, 181 photos, 9 travelogues
FriendsSee All Friends (114)
- Odette Sculpture Park- 9 Reviews, 23 Photos
- Detroit River boat cruises- 4 Reviews, 12 Photos
- Riverfront Parks- 6 Reviews, 20 Photos
- Canadian Club Brand Center- 7 Reviews, 9 Photos
- Casino Windsor- 7 Reviews, 10 Photos
- Ambassador Bridge- 5 Reviews, 12 Photos
- Detroit Skyline- 7 Reviews, 10 Photos
- Willistead Manor- 2 Reviews, 2 Photos
- Point Pelee National Park- 3 Reviews, 3 Photos
- Charlie Brooks Memorial Peace Fountain- 2 Reviews, 6 Photos
See All Windsor Things to Do