Windsor Transportation Tips by LoriPori Top 5 Page for this destination
Windsor Transportation: 13 reviews and 19 photos
Robert Q Shuttle AirBus
Need a Bus to Detroit or Toronto Airport, why not go with ROBERT Q AIRBUS!
Detroit to Windsor - Windsor to Detroit
Adult One Way$34.00 Return $68.00
Senior / Student One Way $31.00 Return $62.00
Child One Way $17.00 Return $34.00
Student 12 + with student card
Children 11 and under
Toronto to Windsor - Windsor to Toronto
Adult One Way $71.77 Return $143.55
Senior / Student $68.65 Return 137.29
Child One Way $35.88 Return 71.76
Robert Q Airbus pick up point is located at 1855 Huron Church, right in front of the Holiday Inn.
Phone: 519 948-9578
Transit Windsor is an exact fare system. Drivers do not carry money and cannot make change. On June 24, 2007 TRANSIT WINDSOR and Greyhound Bus began using the newly constructed City Centre Transit Terminal (CCTT). The terminal is located at 300 Chatham St. West just behind the Art Gallery of Windsor.
Fares: Adult $2.35 or 10 for $20.30
College & University Students $2.35 or 10 for $20.30
Senior (60 + ) $1.60 or 10 for $15.60
Tunnel to U.S.A. $2.75 or 4 for $11.00
Monthly passes also available.
Tunnel Bus on Jefferson Avenue - Detroit
The WINDSOR/DETROIT TUNNEL BUS operates a cross-border service through the Windsor/Detroit Tunnel, seven days a week. Its a short route through downtown Detroit, including Cobo Hall, Jos Louis Arena, Greektown and Hart Plaza.
On Tuesday, June 22, 2009, Hans and I were to meet up with a VT member at Hart Plaza. So instead of driving over to Detroit, we decided to take the Tunnel Bus. Buses leave from the Windsor International Transit Terminal at 300 Chatham Street West.
I bought tickets for two persons, return fare. Each way is $3.75 or $15.00 for 4 tickets. Buses run about every half hour. When you board the bus, insert your ticket in the box at the front near the driver. The driver does not make change, so you either have to have a ticket or exact fare. Proof of citizenship is required when crossing the international Windsor-Detroit border. With the New requirements in effect June 1, 2009, you must have a valid passport.
Upon crossing the tunnel, the bus will let you off at customs and immigration. After a short interview, you will be allowed back on the bus.
The bus route takes you right on Jefferson, left on Beaubien Street where Greektown is and that is the first stop. Continues on Congress Street. left on Woodward, right on Jefferson to Cobo Hall (stop), right on Washington Blvd., left on Fort Street, right on Carr Ave., right on Grand River, right on Washington Blvd., left on Cadillac Square, right on Griswold, left on Jefferson - back to the Tunnel.
The Tunnel Bus can include a stop at Caesars Windsor on the way back to Windsor. We were told by the first bus driver to ask the driver on the return trip to bring us to Caesars Windsor.
Special events Service is $4.00 each way or $16.00 for 4 tickets.
Phone: 519 944 4111
Located in the Walkerville area of Windsor, VIA RAIL CANADA connects Windsor with London and Toronto, Ontario.
It's been years since I've taken "the train". The last time it was with my neighbour as we were going to Toronto to see "Riverdance" which was playing there.
The Train Station is located in East Windsor. From Ambassador Bridge, make your way to Riverside Drive East and follow until you reach Walker Road. Turn right and the station is on your left. From the Tunnel, turn right, then turn left on Goyeau, drive until you reach Riverside Drive and then turn right and follow the "Drive" until you reach Walker Road. Turn right and the station is on your left.
More Reviews (106)
- See All CANADIAN HISTORICAL AIRCRAFT MUSEUM
- See All LAKEWOOD PARK NORTH
- See All DINER
- See All 25 REASONS TO LOVE LIVING IN WINDSOR
- See All SIKHS SHARE TRADITION WITH COMMUNITY
LoriPori's Related Pages
Windsor Travel Guide
Member Travel Pages
- "WINDSOR - MY HOME TOWN"
- "There's no Place Like Home"
- "Windsor and Essex County, Ontario"
- "Hiram Walker.'s Canadian Club Distillery."
- "Windsor Wonderland"
- "As south as you'll get in Canada"
- See All...
- Things to Do in Windsor
- Hotels in Windsor
- Transportation in Windsor
- Nightlife in Windsor
- Restaurants in Windsor
- Shopping in Windsor
- Warnings and Dangers in Windsor
- See All...
Explore the World
- Antigua Guatemala Hotels
- Santorini Island
- Barasat Hotels
- Fredericton Hotels
- Providence Canyon State Park Hotels
- Los Barriles
Badges & Stats in Windsor
- 110 Reviews
- 317 Photos
- 0 Forum posts
- 74 Comments
- See All Stats
- See All Badges (107)
Have you been to Windsor?Share Your Travels
Latest Activity in Windsor
- Posted in Travel Languedoc-Roussillon Forum "Re: A tour through Languedoc-..."
- Wrote a Review CANADIAN HISTORICAL AIRCRAFT MUSEUM in Windsor Things to Do
- Uploaded a Photo to "CANADIAN HISTORICAL AIRCRAFT MUSEUM"
- updated a Windsor Travelogue "LAKESHORE PARK NORTH"
- Commented on one of Dabs's Windsor travel pages
Photos in WindsorSee All Photos (317)
Top 10 Pages
- Top 5 Page for this destination Windsor Intro, 110 reviews, 318 photos, 6 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Torremolinos Intro, 81 reviews, 336 photos, 12 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Marbella Intro, 53 reviews, 222 photos, 8 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Cascais Intro, 38 reviews, 234 photos, 10 travelogues
- Krakow Intro, 45 reviews, 218 photos, 10 travelogues
- Spain Intro, 54 reviews, 192 photos, 7 travelogues
- Chicago Intro, 42 reviews, 193 photos, 8 travelogues
- Prague Intro, 64 reviews, 159 photos, 5 travelogues
- Bergamo Intro, 34 reviews, 181 photos, 9 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Halifax Intro, 31 reviews, 172 photos, 9 travelogues
FriendsSee All Friends (115)
Latest Windsor hotel reviews
- Travelodge Windsor
- 50 Reviews & Opinions
Latest: Apr 29, 2013
- Quality Suites Downtown
- 79 Reviews & Opinions
Latest: Apr 25, 2013
- Travelodge Hotel Windsor Downtown
- 89 Reviews & Opinions
Latest: May 15, 2013
- Hilton Windsor
- 215 Reviews & Opinions
Latest: May 14, 2013
- Radisson Riverfront Hotel
- 108 Reviews & Opinions
Latest: May 6, 2013
- Holiday Inn Select Windsor
- 110 Reviews & Opinions
Latest: May 7, 2013
- ABC Motel
- 2 Reviews & Opinions
Latest: Oct 24, 2009
- Comfort Inn Windsor
- 53 Reviews & Opinions
Latest: Apr 19, 2013
- St. Clair College Residence & Conference Centre
- 13 Reviews & Opinions
Latest: Aug 1, 2012
- Caesars Windsor
- 471 Reviews & Opinions
Latest: May 13, 2013
- Comfort Suites Downtown
- 45 Reviews & Opinions
Latest: Apr 8, 2013
- Hampton Inn & Suites Windsor, ON
- 99 Reviews & Opinions
Latest: May 15, 2013
- DEFUNCT CLOSED SINCE 9.30.10 Branteaney's Bed & Breakfast
- 1 Review & Opinion
- Stonecroft Inn
- 7 Reviews & Opinions
Latest: Apr 29, 2013
- Super 8 Windsor
- 41 Reviews & Opinions
Latest: Apr 15, 2013
- Odette Sculpture Park- 9 Reviews, 23 Photos
- Detroit River boat cruises- 4 Reviews, 12 Photos
- Riverfront Parks- 6 Reviews, 20 Photos
- Canadian Club Brand Center- 7 Reviews, 9 Photos
- Casino Windsor- 7 Reviews, 10 Photos
- Ambassador Bridge- 5 Reviews, 12 Photos
- Detroit Skyline- 7 Reviews, 10 Photos
- Point Pelee National Park- 3 Reviews, 3 Photos
- Charlie Brooks Memorial Peace Fountain- 2 Reviews, 6 Photos
- Willistead Manor- 2 Reviews, 2 Photos
See All Windsor Things to Do