"FREDERICKSBURG VIRGINIA" Top 5 Page for this destination Fredericksburg by LoriPori
Fredericksburg Travel Guide: 179 reviews and 476 photos
Located on the Rappahannock River, in the state of Virginia, FREDERICKSBURG is situated 50 miles (80 km) south of Washington D.C.
Established in 1728, Fredericksburg was named for Frederick, Prince of Wales and son of King George II.
A 40 Block National Historic District in the city's downtown area, contains more than 350 buildings dating to the 18th and 19th centuries, making it a very popular tourist destination. It is also the site of a VT Meet in October.
Historic buildings include the late 18th century Rising Sun Tavern, Hugh Mercer Apothecary Shop, the 1852 Courthouse and the 1816 Town Hall.
Thursday October 21 to Sunday October 23, 2010
VT Members came from far and wide to attend the "Fredericksburg VT Meet".
Hans and I arrived early on Wednesday.
The "Meet & Greet" was held Thursday at the Inn at the Olde Silk Mill. We had our very own room - the Wakefield Room - which was fantastic as it was so cozy there and we had more opportunity to meet and talk with everyone. Zana and family put on a wonderful spread of typical Virginia fare. Also we had our very first "Skype-In" where many VT members who were unable to attend, could at least talk to and see our members. This was a wonderful experience, esp for our Aussie friends.
Friday, a few of our members went to Lake Anna Winery.
Saturday, a few of our members went to Luray Caverns.
Saturday night was at the TruLuv's Restaurant.
All in all, a great time was had and it was great to see old friends and make many more new ones.
Located at 905 Princess Anne Street, ST. GEORGE'S EPISCOPAL CHURCH was established in 1720. The present building was built in 1849 and is a fine example of Romanesque Revival style of architecture popular in the mid 19th century. During the early period in St. George's history (1738) the family of George Washington moved to the area and they, as well as friends and relations, attended services here.
Throughout more than 285 years, St. George's has been an active force in the community and continues to do so.
- Pros:So much History here in Fredericksburg
Extending 469 Miles along the crests of the Southern Appalachians and linking two Eastern National Parks - Shenandoah... more travel advice
Located on the Rappahannock River, in the state of Virginia, FREDERICKSBURG is situated 50 miles (80 km) south of... more travel advice
LoriPori's Related Pages
Fredericksburg Travel Guide
Member Travel Pages
- "The Northernmost Truly Southern City"
- "fredericksburg virginia"
- "FREDERICKSBURG VIRGINIA"
- "Civilised & Revolutionary"
- "Fredericksburg, VA"
- "FREDERICKSBURG VT MEET - BLAZE NEW TRAILS"
- "FREDERICKSBURG - HISTORY ON THE RAPPAHANOCK"
- See All...
- Things to Do in Fredericksburg
- Hotels in Fredericksburg
- Transportation in Fredericksburg
- Nightlife in Fredericksburg
- Restaurants in Fredericksburg
- Shopping in Fredericksburg
- Warnings and Dangers in Fredericksburg
- See All...
Explore the World
Badges & Stats in Fredericksburg
- 14 Reviews
- 98 Photos
- 0 Forum posts
- 10 Comments
- See All Stats
- See All Badges (107)
Have you been to Fredericksburg?Share Your Travels
Latest Activity in Fredericksburg
- Posted in Travel Languedoc-Roussillon Forum "Re: A tour through Languedoc-..."
- updated a Fredericksburg Travel Page "FREDERICKSBURG VIRGINIA"
- Uploaded a Photo to "THURSDAY MEET & GREET"
- Wrote a Review BLUE RIDGE PARKWAY - AN AMERICAN TREASURE in Fredericksburg Things to Do
- Commented on one of iaint's Fredericksburg travel pages
Top 10 Pages
- Top 5 Page for this destination Windsor Intro, 110 reviews, 318 photos, 6 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Torremolinos Intro, 81 reviews, 336 photos, 12 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Marbella Intro, 53 reviews, 222 photos, 8 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Cascais Intro, 38 reviews, 234 photos, 10 travelogues
- Krakow Intro, 45 reviews, 218 photos, 10 travelogues
- Spain Intro, 54 reviews, 192 photos, 7 travelogues
- Chicago Intro, 42 reviews, 193 photos, 8 travelogues
- Prague Intro, 64 reviews, 159 photos, 5 travelogues
- Bergamo Intro, 34 reviews, 181 photos, 9 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Halifax Intro, 31 reviews, 172 photos, 9 travelogues
FriendsSee All Friends (115)
Latest Fredericksburg hotel reviews
- Holiday Inn Fredericksburg North
- 75 Reviews & Opinions
Latest: Apr 25, 2013
- Dunning Mills Inn
- 14 Reviews & Opinions
Latest: Oct 5, 2011
- Candlewood Suites Fredericksburg
- 8 Reviews & Opinions
Latest: Apr 29, 2013
- Travelodge Fredericksburg
- 55 Reviews & Opinions
Latest: May 5, 2013
- Wytestone Suites
- 85 Reviews & Opinions
Latest: Apr 25, 2013
- Inn At The Olde Silk Mill
- 110 Reviews & Opinions
Latest: May 10, 2013
- Sleep Inn
- 42 Reviews & Opinions
Latest: May 11, 2013
- Super 8 Motel Fredricksburg South
- 40 Reviews & Opinions
Latest: Apr 1, 2013
- The Little White House Bed & Breakfast At The Charles Dick House
- 2 Reviews & Opinions
Latest: Jul 25, 2008
- Richard Johnston Inn
- 211 Reviews & Opinions
Latest: Apr 30, 2013
- Super 8 Fredericksburg/North
- 24 Reviews & Opinions
Latest: Feb 6, 2013
- Econo Lodge South
- 48 Reviews & Opinions
Latest: May 8, 2013