"LOVELY PORTSMOUTH - HISTORIC SEAPORT TOWN" Top 5 Page for this destination Portsmouth by LoriPori

Portsmouth Travel Guide: 267 reviews and 1,292 photos

PERFECT PLACE FOR A VT MEET

PORTSMOUTH NEW HAMPSHIRE VT MEET
Friday, Saturday and Sunday - September 21, 22 & 23, 2007
New Hampshire's oldest community, PORTSMOUTH was first given the name Strawberry Banke because of the abundant wild strawberries growing beside the Pistaqua River. It was incorporated as a town in 1653. A historic seaport and popular tourist destination, Portsmouth offers many attractions such as: USS Albacore Museum Strawberry Banks Museum, Fort Constitution, Harbor Cruises and many shops and restaurants.
For this reason, Portsmouth was chosen by the lovely Miss Em (Emilienoelle) as the site for a weekend VT Meet. Attended by members, some with their families, a great time was had by all.
I would like to take this opportunity to thank Emily for all her hard work in organizing this wonderful meet. It was awesome!

• Last visit to Portsmouth: Sep 2007
  • Intro Updated Oct 2, 2007

• HORSCHECK's Profile Photo
    Nov 16, 2009 at 12:41 PM

Lori, fabulous Portsmouth with oustanding photos here. I espeically like the "Alcatraz of the East". Oh I didn't know that you once had such a big VT meeting without me in Portsmouth. ;-)

• JLBG's Profile Photo
    Jan 3, 2009 at 8:06 PM

Wow, a hideout for notorious pirates, that seems mouthwatering! All those historical houses look exciting!

• Nemorino's Profile Photo
    Sep 12, 2008 at 10:26 AM

Looks like a fine place for a VT meeting -- almost as good as Karlsruhe, LOL. Interesting tips on the historic houses.

• Stephen-KarenConn's Profile Photo
    Feb 12, 2008 at 2:39 PM

Lots of interesting sites, history and good times wrapped up in this page. I regret that we didn't have time to stop in Portsmouth when we passed through there on our way to Maine. Maybe next time.

• SLLiew's Profile Photo
    Nov 9, 2007 at 1:15 PM

Great looking buildings and lighthouses. Great looking VTers too. Cheers, SL :)

• yumyum's Profile Photo
    Oct 19, 2007 at 9:37 AM

What a fabulous meeting you had! BTW, I love lighthouses maybe because we haven't got any in Switzerland ;)

• Kuznetsov_Sergey's Profile Photo
    Oct 16, 2007 at 9:39 AM

What a wonderful VT-meeting you had there. I wish we would be able to gether such a compain here in Russia. The Portsmouth Naval Prison looks really like a castle! Thanks Lori for sharing!

• traveldave's Profile Photo
    Oct 12, 2007 at 7:41 AM

I've only driven through Portsmouth on my way from Maine to points further south, and never knew there was so much to see there. The VT meet looks like a lot of fun.

• spgood301's Profile Photo
    Oct 11, 2007 at 9:11 AM

Hi Lori, you have some great piccies too. We must do that again sometimes!

• ChristinaNest's Profile Photo
    Oct 11, 2007 at 2:22 AM

Great page, thanks for sharing. Also thank you for signing the postcard from the Portsmouth meet, great addition to my collection:) Greetings from Bulgaria

LoriPori

“Travel Near - Travel Far - The Limit is the Sky”

Badges & Stats in Portsmouth

Have you been to Portsmouth?

Latest Activity in Portsmouth