"BILOXI ----A SOUTHERN BELLE" Top 5 Page for this destination Biloxi by LoriPori

Biloxi Travel Guide: 257 reviews and 714 photos

WE MOURN FOR OUR BELOVED BILOXI

Hans and I "discovered" BILOXI in December of 1994 and we've been going back ever since. We visited the Mississippi Welcome Station to get some brochures on our intended destination---New Orleans. Hans picked up a brochure about Biloxi and said "MMM---Casinos and white-sand beaches. Let's check it out". We did, fell in love with it and have been back 15 times ever since.
Why Biloxi? It's the whole package. Casinos for Hans. For Lori---shopping, shrimp, 26 miles of white-sand beaches, cool Gulf breezes, shrimp, magnificent magnolia trees, charming southern mansions, lots of history and best of all---lots of shrimp.
I'm almost reluctant to tell everyone about BILOXI because I want to keep it as our special get-away place. But Biloxi is growing all by itself. Many more are coming with the excellent value package deals now offered.
Maybe you will be enticed by the Southern Hospitality , Warmth and Charm of Biloxi.

Update: Hurricane Katrina hit our beloved Biloxi hard in August, 2005, devastating many homes, businesses and much loved historical landmarks.
A rebuilding effort is transforming Biloxi into a newer, improved version of its old self. I keep checking the web-site to see how things are going, so Hans and I can once again visit this wonderful spot.

OUR TRIPS TO BILOXI

• Last visit to Biloxi: Nov 2004
  • Intro Updated Nov 2, 2008

• evaanna's Profile Photo
    Dec 3, 2009 at 2:40 AM

Charming place with some lovely houses ranging from fisherman's cottages to 'palaces'. Hope they have not suffered in the hurricane but, if so, your pictures could serve as good sources for reconstruction. Loved the trolley - so quaint.:)

• madamx's Profile Photo
    Aug 6, 2009 at 6:37 AM

Great tips, Lori, especially about the shrimp. We were thinking of driving to Biloxi from New Orleans, especially since we like shrimp. It looks like a beautiful area, plus the shrimp sound delicious. Did I mention we like shrimp? heh heh

• JLBG's Profile Photo
    Dec 13, 2008 at 1:51 PM

Biloxi looks great with beautiful houses ! A shrimping trip must be really exciting, especially when a little later, you get them in you plate! I love shrimps too !

• Nemorino's Profile Photo
    Aug 25, 2008 at 12:42 PM

Good that you keep checking the web-site to see how the rebuilding effort is going. I did that for a few months after Katrina (for the whole area, not necessarily Biloxi) but then got out of the habit after a while.

• Ewingjr98's Profile Photo
    Jul 12, 2008 at 11:48 PM

Interesting page. I have spent several months in Biloxi both before and after Katrina and was amazed at the changes. Sadly, many of the places you mention were either damaged or destroyed.

• ATXtraveler's Profile Photo
    Mar 24, 2008 at 6:18 AM

Although I live fairly close, we have never made it to Biloxi... thanks for the page!

• Kuznetsov_Sergey's Profile Photo
    Jan 8, 2008 at 7:47 AM

I could appreciate your special get-away place! Thanks for sharing! I wish you Lori all the best on Russian Orthodox Christmas which we celebrate these days. That's why tomorrow is the first working day in 2008.

• toonsarah's Profile Photo
    Apr 14, 2007 at 12:54 PM

What beautiful old buildings Lori. Did any of them survive Katrina?

• Diana75's Profile Photo
    Apr 14, 2007 at 12:21 PM

15 times!!! Now I understand. Lovely houses, shopping, shimps, beaches... you are luckier than Hansi. Thanks for this wonderful tour, Lori.

• matcrazy1's Profile Photo
    Jan 1, 2007 at 11:14 AM

Charming Biloxi page. I personally loved deep South with its New Orlean's residential architecture, local food and hospitality. Well, I can add shrimps here, too :-)

LoriPori

“Travel Near - Travel Far - The Limit is the Sky”

Badges & Stats in Biloxi