"MOUNT PLEASANT MICHIGAN" Mount Pleasant by LoriPori
Mount Pleasant Travel Guide: 24 reviews and 67 photos
Our favourite Michigan Get-away spot is MOUNT PLEASANT. It's about a three hour drive from our house. It has a Casino for Hansi and shopping for Lori - Walmart - Target - Meier & K-Mart. WooHoo! Our routine is always the same - Drop Hans off at the Casino - Check into our Motel - Check out the shops - Meet Hans for the Monday night Seafood Buffet at Soaring Eagle Casino - Play a few video Poker slot machines and then back later in the evening at our Motel.
So, what else does Mount Pleasant have to offer?? Well, it's home to Central Michigan University. There's a Farmer's Market held every Thursday, June to October, from 7:30 a.m. to 3 p.m. at the Pavillion in Island Park. The area has 15 championship Golf courses.
The area has a rich Native American Heritage and is the site of the Chippewa Indian Reservation. It's Ziibiwing Centre is dedicated to Anishinabe Culture and includes exhibits featuring the rich culture, heritage and history of the Anishinabek People of the Great Lakes. The first weekend in August there is a "POW WOW" held at the Saginaw Chippewa Indian Reservation, featuring authentic foods, arts & crafts and traditional dancing and costumes.
Also featured in these pages, is our little side trip to Houghton Lake which is about a 45 minute drive north of Mount Pleasant. We wanted to visit Janet (Janetanne) and her parents.
The beauty of nature can also be observed with a trip down the MIGHTY CHIPPEWA RIVER. Whether by canoe, kayak or tube, the Chippewa River winds its way through Isabella County offering a year-round opportunity to view wildlife, do a little fishing or just relax while the river carries you away.
The accompanying picture was taken from a bridge over the Chippewa River, near Island Park in Mount Pleasant.
Michigan's largest inland Lake HOUGHTON LAKE is located in South Roscommon County just northeast of the intersection of US- 27 and M - 55. The town is quite touristy as it is a popular summer vacation destination, with lots of Indian Craft shops, great restaurants and an abundance of hotel/motels & cottages to rent. Janet and I had fun at the grounds of Zubler's Indian Crafts where we took pictures at the "Indian Village".
- Pros:A great weekend getaway destination
Hans and I have eaten at the GREAT WALL BUFFET Chinese Restaurant on a number of occasions. This family owned and... more travel advice
Located in Roscommon County, north of Houghton Lake and about a one hour drive from Mount Pleasant, crystal clear... more travel advice
LoriPori's Related Pages
Mount Pleasant Travel Guide
Member Travel Pages
- "MOUNT PLEASANT MICHIGAN"
- "Soaring Eagle Casino in Mt. Pleasant"
- "Soaring Eagle Casino/Resort"
- "The Rugged Alpine Region of Central Michigan"
- "Central Michigan Unversity"
- "Home Sweet Home"
- "Mount Pleasant"
- See All...
- Things to Do in Mount Pleasant
- Hotels in Mount Pleasant
- Nightlife in Mount Pleasant
- Restaurants in Mount Pleasant
- Shopping in Mount Pleasant
- Warnings and Dangers in Mount Pleasant
- See All...
Badges & Stats in Mount Pleasant
- 15 Reviews
- 46 Photos
- 0 Forum posts
- 17 Comments
- See All Stats
- See All Badges (114)
Have you been to Mount Pleasant?Share Your Travels
Latest Activity in Mount Pleasant
Top 10 Pages
- Top 5 Page for this destination Windsor Intro, 111 reviews, 332 photos, 7 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Torremolinos Intro, 82 reviews, 346 photos, 13 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Sibiu Intro, 45 reviews, 252 photos, 10 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Marbella Intro, 53 reviews, 222 photos, 8 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Cascais Intro, 38 reviews, 234 photos, 10 travelogues
- Krakow Intro, 45 reviews, 218 photos, 10 travelogues
- Tallinn Intro, 39 reviews, 223 photos, 10 travelogues
- Riga Intro, 41 reviews, 212 photos, 10 travelogues
- Spain Intro, 55 reviews, 197 photos, 7 travelogues
- Chicago Intro, 42 reviews, 193 photos, 8 travelogues