"SOMERSET KENTUCKY" Somerset by LoriPori
Somerset Travel Guide: 9 reviews and 53 photos
Located between Lake Cumberland and the Daniel Boone National Forest, Somerset has one of the longest, continuous commercial strips, with U. S. 27, the main road through the community, being lined for ten miles with restaurants, shops and hotels.
Somerset architectural gems include the Public Library, once a U.S. Post Office which was built in 1812. Also impressive is the First Baptist Church.
Older structures include the J.M. Perkins House and the Somerset Pharmacy.
Hans and I stayed in Somerset for two days, as we were getting together with our dear friends from Belgium, Johan (Johanl) and Wies who were on vacation and in the area staying with friends.
Hans and I along with Johan and Wies, took a leisurely stroll along Main Street in Somerset. Among the nice buildings we... more travel advice
WEDNESDAY, JANUARY 3, 2007 We had a wonderful get-together with Johan and Wies and their friends at the CRACKER... more travel advice
LoriPori's Related Pages
Somerset Travel Guide
Explore the World
Badges & Stats in Somerset
- 9 Reviews
- 39 Photos
- 0 Forum posts
- 12 Comments
- See All Stats
- See All Badges (107)
Have you been to Somerset?Share Your Travels
Latest Activity in Somerset
Photos in SomersetSee All Photos (39)
Top 10 Pages
- Top 5 Page for this destination Windsor Intro, 110 reviews, 318 photos, 6 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Torremolinos Intro, 81 reviews, 336 photos, 12 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Marbella Intro, 53 reviews, 222 photos, 8 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Cascais Intro, 38 reviews, 234 photos, 10 travelogues
- Krakow Intro, 45 reviews, 218 photos, 10 travelogues
- Spain Intro, 54 reviews, 192 photos, 7 travelogues
- Chicago Intro, 42 reviews, 193 photos, 8 travelogues
- Prague Intro, 64 reviews, 159 photos, 5 travelogues
- Bergamo Intro, 34 reviews, 181 photos, 9 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Halifax Intro, 31 reviews, 172 photos, 9 travelogues