"WAIKIKI BEACH HAWAII" Top 5 Page for this destination Waikiki by LoriPori

Waikiki Travel Guide: 324 reviews and 811 photos

TRIP TO HAWAII

January 30 to February 14, 2003

Hans and I had the privilege of staying at the premier Hotel on the Beach, The Hilton Hawaiian Village Beach Resort. It is a destinaion in itself with all the beautiful lush gardens and exotic wildlife. It was also the location of our daughter Nicole"s wedding. The ceremony took place at the Gazebo surrounded by waterfalls and a pond with white swans swimming around.
WAIKIKI has nearly 1.5 miles of beach consisting of a series of beaches --- Kuhio, Sans Souci, Gray's and Kahanamoku.
While in Waikiki, Hans and I didn't rent a car as we preferred to take tours, use local transportation and as the Hilton was near many shops and restaurants --- WALK.
To get an idea of the island, we went on the O'AHU CIRCLE ISLAND TOUR (see O'Ahu). The PEARL HARBOR AND CITY TOUR was definitely worth doing, just to see the famous watery grave of so many innocent victims. Our big adventure was the ROAD TO HANA TOUR on Maui (see Maui). AWESOME!
The SUNSET DINNER CRUISE and the WHALE WATCHING TOUR were great fun.
So why don't you come along with us as we give you a virtual tour of Waikiki and just imagine yourself surfing on the beach.

SUNSET ON WAIKIKI BEACH

This picture was taken on Wednesday, February 5, 2003. I had bought myself a new Canon SLR camera and wanted to take some Sunset pictures. I experimented with different apertures and mounted my camera on a tripod so I wouldn't move the camera -- real professional like! Well I must say the result was pretty good -- even caught a surfer walking by.

• Pros:Beautiful sand beaches
  • Cons:Absolutely NONE
  • Last visit to Waikiki: Feb 2003
  • Intro Updated Mar 16, 2005

• Yaqui's Profile Photo
    Jan 15, 2013 at 7:26 PM

Lovely wedding photo's! Looks like you both had a marvelous time. Love the matching outfits. Nice page!

• LoriPori's Profile Photo
      Jan 16, 2013 at 3:50 AM

Thanks for stopping by my Waikiki page. It is certainly a wonderful area. Can't believe that it is already ten years ago that we went there.

• JLBG's Profile Photo
    May 5, 2008 at 11:29 PM

Superb photos of the whales! Your photos and page remind me sweet memories of Hawai!

• Kuznetsov_Sergey's Profile Photo
    Jan 30, 2008 at 7:19 AM

Very enjoyable place with very strange name for Russians (I suppose it's not only for us) ! Wonderful sunset shot, though hotels are rather expensive. Thanks Lori for sharing!

• breughel's Profile Photo
    Aug 31, 2007 at 3:25 AM

Thank you for visiting my Amsterdam page last week. Hawai seems a good choice for me after the Paris museums. Have a nice week-end.

• traveldave's Profile Photo
    Apr 4, 2007 at 11:10 AM

Looks like there's lots to see and do in Waikiki. And what a great place for a wedding.

• starship's Profile Photo
    Mar 30, 2007 at 6:17 PM

Lori, you daughter had a beautiful wedding & what a trip you had!! My husband & I stayed at the Hilton !

• Diana75's Profile Photo
    Mar 16, 2007 at 10:08 AM

Great place for a wedding... Very romantic! Wonderful pictures and descriptions, Lori.

• thecatsmeow's Profile Photo
    Dec 31, 2006 at 7:20 PM

Lori, Very nice page. Hilton Village sounds very inviting and entertaining. Joyce

• matcrazy1's Profile Photo
    Dec 20, 2006 at 6:14 AM

Fantastic page and travelogues. Great to see your daughter's wedding at such charming and romantic location!

• kyoub's Profile Photo
    Jan 2, 2006 at 5:00 AM

WOW, an hawaiian wedding, two weeks at the Hilton, sunset cruise, shopping, whales, and penguins. It all sounds great!

LoriPori

“Travel Near - Travel Far - The Limit is the Sky”

Badges & Stats in Waikiki

Have you been to Waikiki?

Latest Activity in Waikiki