"SARASOTA AND HER ISLANDS" Top 5 Page for this destination Sarasota by LoriPori

Sarasota Travel Guide: 304 reviews and 544 photos

SARASOTA

After leaving Hans' brother's place, we headed toward the Gulf - destination SARASOTA. We had heard how beautiful it was there, with all its Islands.
Hans and I drove up and down Tamiami Trail, the main thoroughfare, to explore what Sarasota had to offer. We came across, Sarasota Jungle Gardens, Sarasota Classic Car Museum, Ringling Museum and much more.
On Tuesday morning we drove over the Bay via the new span, John Ringling Causeway Bridge, enroute to Longboat Key, a beautiful area of swank resorts, residential communities and Condo Towers that extend for about five miles to the city's northern edge which ends at Anna Maria Island. We also explored Lido Key with its St. Armand's Circle, a retail and entertainment district with its sidewalk cafe's, ice cream parlours, restaurants and souvenir shops. Checked out Lido Beach and the pure quartz sands at the Siesta Key Beach which ranks among the softest and whitest in the world.

• Last visit to Sarasota: Jan 2007
  • Intro Updated Dec 21, 2008

• starship's Profile Photo
    Jan 23, 2012 at 7:21 AM

Nice page, Lori. Neve been to Sarasota but have seen & heard good things about it! Thanks for sharing!

• BruceDunning's Profile Photo
    Sep 15, 2010 at 3:40 PM

I was reading some about the city and Ca d'Zan-so thank yo for your tips and great pictures of things to do. We may get a trip down the there soon

• Kuznetsov_Sergey's Profile Photo
    Dec 21, 2008 at 3:43 AM

It must have been a splendid place to spend vacations! Loved Lido Key Beach with great view on the see. Amazing pic of two birds in hope somebody would feed them. Thanks Lori for the virtual tour!

• deecat's Profile Photo
    Jan 8, 2008 at 6:13 PM

This is one of my favorite areas in Florida. A joy to read you well written tips once again. It's such a beautiful area and your descriptions convey that beauty. So glad you and Hansi enjoyed it. Brilliant photos, my dear.

• JLBG's Profile Photo
    Nov 14, 2007 at 1:08 PM

I like your pelican verses! thanks for the virtual visit in a State that I have not visited yet!

• Sep 12, 2007 at 12:13 PM

Crager's - Been there four times, the food is okay - the service was terrible. The waitresses seemed to put extra effort in being rude - unless you happen to be a local.

• TheTravelSlut's Profile Photo
    Jul 9, 2007 at 5:11 AM

Hi Lori. These great pages are almost in my backyard and reminds me I should get my hometown pages going! Also, you might have seen my former personalized license plate @ the Sarasota car museum. Ann, The Travel Slut

• Stephen-KarenConn's Profile Photo
    Feb 24, 2007 at 10:31 AM

I had a perfectly miserable time in Sarasota several years back. Went to visit an old college buddy and I was alergic to his cat. That will teach me to sponge off of old friends. Anyway - great page.

• Dabs's Profile Photo
    Feb 17, 2007 at 5:13 PM

We have lots of egrets here but very few that know how to make a collect call ;-) Wish I were there right now!

• Diana75's Profile Photo
    Feb 13, 2007 at 4:53 AM

What a lovely page, Lori! So interesting to read about this wonderful place and the birds. I just love the picture of the brown Pelican.

LoriPori

“Travel Near - Travel Far - The Limit is the Sky”

Badges & Stats in Sarasota

Have you been to Sarasota?

Latest Activity in Sarasota