"QUAINT NEW ENGLAND STYLE VILLAGE" Top 5 Page for this destination Mount Dora by LoriPori

Mount Dora Travel Guide: 84 reviews and 179 photos

MOUNT DORA

Sunday January 14, 2007
Hans and I, along with his brother and his wife, spent the afternoon in the quaint New England style village of MOUNT DORA. Its a lovely place with its outdoor restaurants, cafe's, antique shops, art galleries and romantic B & B's.
We strolled through town and had waffle cone ice creams.
On the day before, we went on a boat ride through the Dead River, which branches out of Lake Dora. Here we saw wonderful birds. I made travelogues of the birds that we saw there.

• Last visit to Mount Dora: Jan 2007
  • Intro Updated Feb 1, 2007

• traveldave's Profile Photo
    Feb 6, 2008 at 12:15 PM

The boat ride on Lake Dora would be especially fun for me, since I'm an avid birdwatcher.

• JLBG's Profile Photo
    Nov 25, 2007 at 9:55 PM

A tour on the Dora Canal and Dead River must be a wonderful experience! You have superb pictures of marsh birds!

• Pawtuxet's Profile Photo
    May 2, 2007 at 11:22 AM

Here I am again. Wish I had you with me to identify some of the birds I saw in Fla. last week. I visited Mt. Dora for the first time.

• deecat's Profile Photo
    Feb 21, 2007 at 8:21 AM

Hey, Lori, this looks like a great place to visit and to eat! The travelogues are wonderful....beautiful birds. Does Hansi go anywhere without his cameras?

• Dabs's Profile Photo
    Feb 17, 2007 at 5:20 PM

Looks like a great spot for some bird watching! But why is it the Dead River? Hopefully there isn't anything dead floating around....

• Stephen-KarenConn's Profile Photo
    Feb 12, 2007 at 10:41 AM

You're right - Mount Dora is a charming town and I enjoy the natural areas. But for the life of me I can't see why they call it "Mount." There's not a decent hill, much less a mountain, for hundreds of miles around.

• matcrazy1's Profile Photo
    Feb 6, 2007 at 3:01 AM

Great shot of the Dead River "Reflections." Haha, it's the Florida I would look for: nature, swamps, birds, peace and quiet. But where are aligators? :-)

• kyoub's Profile Photo
    Feb 1, 2007 at 4:27 AM

What a wonderful place for birdwatching and shopping.

LoriPori

“Travel Near - Travel Far - The Limit is the Sky”

Badges & Stats in Mount Dora

Have you been to Mount Dora?

Latest Activity in Mount Dora