"A GREAT BEACH TOWN" Top 5 Page for this destination Fort Myers Beach by LoriPori

Fort Myers Beach Travel Guide: 122 reviews and 251 photos

FORT MYERS BEACH

Hans and I came to FORT MYERS BEACH to visit a good friend of ours who has a condo here. She has been coming to this area for over 30 years and absolutely loves it here. And I can see why. this is a great Beach town. The beach is wide and has nice soft sand. There is lots of little shops and restaurants. This time of year it gets real busy here as Snowbirds and other "Northerners" come here to escape the cold weather. I actually found it too busy and congested at times.

• Last visit to Fort Myers Beach: Jan 2007
  • Intro Updated Feb 4, 2007

• Kuznetsov_Sergey's Profile Photo
    Feb 13, 2008 at 10:30 AM

Like a snow bird I envy those who can escape winter weather in such a beautiful place. Thanks Lori for sharing!

• JLBG's Profile Photo
    Nov 25, 2007 at 9:51 PM

I understand it is a beach town, but it seems to be also a great seafood city both with the restaurants and the fresh seafood market! Yummy!

• Diana75's Profile Photo
    Feb 21, 2007 at 12:18 PM

The beach looks great, although I don't like crowded places. But for the seafood, I'd try it for sure.

• Dabs's Profile Photo
    Feb 17, 2007 at 5:24 PM

I think I was in Fort Myers many, many years ago but don't remember a thing about it, nice page!

• Stephen-KarenConn's Profile Photo
    Feb 12, 2007 at 10:37 AM

Ft. Myers and Naples have grown a LOT since I first visited there - about 50 years ago. My, I must be getting old.

• deecat's Profile Photo
    Feb 11, 2007 at 3:39 PM

We've been to Fort Myers about three times; lots of good restaurants, but I prefer Naples, Bonita Beach and Bonita Springs. Loved the Glider photo of you and Hansi...lovely. Sure could use some of that warmth right now.

• kyoub's Profile Photo
    Feb 9, 2007 at 5:01 AM

I don't care for crowded beaches but the Glider Lounge looks great. Naples is a lovely area, my aunt lived there when she wasn't traveling. Must be nice!

• matcrazy1's Profile Photo
    Feb 6, 2007 at 2:55 AM

I am not a fan of beaches, especially crowded ones. But seafood would work great for me there + watching people at Times Square. I'd visit Naples and I would look for the Vanderbilts house there :-)

• traveldave's Profile Photo
    Feb 3, 2007 at 6:55 AM

I visited the Ft. Myers area a few years ago (prior to VT), but I was so intent on birdwatching that I didn't really see any of the sights.

LoriPori

“Travel Near - Travel Far - The Limit is the Sky”

Badges & Stats in Fort Myers Beach

Have you been to Fort Myers Beach?

Latest Activity in Fort Myers Beach