"Aaaaawesome Arrrruuuuba!!!!" Top 5 Page for this destination Aruba by LoriPori

Aruba Travel Guide: 981 reviews and 2,497 photos

AN ARID DESERT ISLAND SURROUNDED BY THE SEA

Blessed with continuing and cooling trade winds and pristine beaches, the island of ARUBA is part of the Leeward group of the Dutch Caribbean Islands. A year-round paradise, Aruba is also well known for its excellent shopping and great restaurants.
Papiamento, Dutch, Spanish and English is widely spoken.
Aruba's name most likely originates from the island's first inhabitants, the Caiquetio - members of the Arawak Indian Tribe, who journeyed here from western Venezuela. uru ( canoe ) and oubao ( island ) might well be the source words since the Caiquetio came here by dugout canoe.
Aruba is known as "ONE HAPPY ISLAND". Hans and I agree with that phrase as we had a wonderful time here.
Ilona (Pushirubiano) and Herry met us at the airport. So sweet of them. They also took us on a SUV tour of their little island. We got to see De Hollandse Molen, California Lighthouse, Malmok Beach, Northern Coast of the island, Alto Vista Chapel and the Arikok National Park. Thank you so much. It was wonderful.
Now let me take you on a tour of this"one happy island"
BON BINI (welcome)

WONDERFUL ARUBAN SUNSETS

Some of the prettiest sunsets I have ever seen are the ARUBAN SUNSETS. Usually around 6:00 p.m. ( at the time of year we are here ) folks start gathering along the beach to catch a glimpse and take pics of the day's sunset. The sky was usually a bright orange colour and the sun was a big ball of yellow. Totally awesome. I took some at the Holiday Inn Beach and some while on the dinner cruise.

• Pros:Loved it!
  • Cons:Could have stayed a little longer
  • Last visit to Aruba: Nov 2006
  • Intro Updated Nov 11, 2006

• Nemorino's Profile Photo
    May 29, 2013 at 6:03 AM

A beautiful looking place! I hope they can save those wild Aruban donkeys.

• LoriPori's Profile Photo
      May 30, 2013 at 3:01 AM

Aruba really is a wonderful island to visit, with beaches, a desert and exotic plant and animal life. We enjoyed our time there very much. Thanks for stopping by Don and for your generous ratings.

• Yaqui's Profile Photo
    Jan 6, 2012 at 6:38 AM

Love the beautiful beaches, dutch mill, lighthouse, and Alto Vista Chapel. Even the restaurant buildings have such character. What a beautiful peaceful place. I always enjoy your tours!

• greekcypriot's Profile Photo
    Apr 9, 2011 at 8:47 AM

Giasou Lori, Wow the sunsets of Aruba are awesome!

• BruceDunning's Profile Photo
    Oct 28, 2009 at 10:13 AM

It is obvious why you are near the to of rankings. The detail and comments show a lot of research and time spent to present to us the great tour virtually.

• jumpingwithnorman's Profile Photo
    Aug 13, 2009 at 4:10 PM

Hi, Lori. Shopping tips are always useful so thanks for posting these. I will definitely check them out if we ever get there! ciao, Nannette

• evaanna's Profile Photo
    Jun 26, 2009 at 7:07 AM

Your page is a mine of information for future travellers to Aruba. In fact, I feel as if I had just been there with you. Enjoyed your lovely pictures and excellent tips.

• jumpingnorman's Profile Photo
    Jun 16, 2009 at 5:16 AM

Toronto is awesome with a 5hr flight straight to cuba! That wild Arabian donkey looks a bit fat, hehe...and that's one goodlooking lighthouse! Wow, did u take that sunset pic???I gotta bring the family there. Dividivi looks like bad hair day, hehe.

• junecorlett's Profile Photo
    May 4, 2009 at 4:11 AM

Aruba tips are great. I would love to go on the "Octopus"

• Arkeolog's Profile Photo
    Mar 15, 2009 at 10:40 AM

WOW. I liked your opening photo and your useful tips. Great page in a word! Bora

• hopang's Profile Photo
    Mar 5, 2009 at 4:14 AM

Excellent page. Lots of activities and tours at Aruba. Guess you have enjoyed your vacation there. Sunset at Aruba is amazingly beautiful ~ho & pang

LoriPori

“Travel Near - Travel Far - The Limit is the Sky”

Badges & Stats in Aruba