"Aaaaawesome Arrrruuuuba!!!!" Top 5 Page for this destination Aruba by LoriPori
Aruba Travel Guide: 975 reviews and 2,477 photos
Blessed with continuing and cooling trade winds and pristine beaches, the island of ARUBA is part of the Leeward group of the Dutch Caribbean Islands. A year-round paradise, Aruba is also well known for its excellent shopping and great restaurants.
Papiamento, Dutch, Spanish and English is widely spoken.
Aruba's name most likely originates from the island's first inhabitants, the Caiquetio - members of the Arawak Indian Tribe, who journeyed here from western Venezuela. uru ( canoe ) and oubao ( island ) might well be the source words since the Caiquetio came here by dugout canoe.
Aruba is known as "ONE HAPPY ISLAND". Hans and I agree with that phrase as we had a wonderful time here.
Ilona (Pushirubiano) and Herry met us at the airport. So sweet of them. They also took us on a SUV tour of their little island. We got to see De Hollandse Molen, California Lighthouse, Malmok Beach, Northern Coast of the island, Alto Vista Chapel and the Arikok National Park. Thank you so much. It was wonderful.
Now let me take you on a tour of this"one happy island"
BON BINI (welcome)
Some of the prettiest sunsets I have ever seen are the ARUBAN SUNSETS. Usually around 6:00 p.m. ( at the time of year we are here ) folks start gathering along the beach to catch a glimpse and take pics of the day's sunset. The sky was usually a bright orange colour and the sun was a big ball of yellow. Totally awesome. I took some at the Holiday Inn Beach and some while on the dinner cruise.
- Pros:Loved it!
- Cons:Could have stayed a little longer
On your narrated tour of Aruba's undersea world aboard the SEAWORLD EXPLORER, you will enjoy a spectacular view of the... more travel advice
Aruba has an amazing number of BEACHES all with their own special qualities. These are some of Aruba's Best... more travel advice
LoriPori's Related Pages
Aruba Travel Guide
Member Travel Pages
- "Escape from Chicago's winter to Aruba"
- "Things That Make You Go.....WOW!!!"
- "Aaaaawesome Arrrruuuuba!!!!"
- "Thanksgiving in Aruba"
- "Amapola Goes to Aruba"
- "Arid and Friendly"
- "ARUBA - CARRIBEAN PEARL"
- See All...
- Things to Do in Aruba
- Hotels in Aruba
- Transportation in Aruba
- Nightlife in Aruba
- Restaurants in Aruba
- Shopping in Aruba
- Warnings and Dangers in Aruba
- See All...
Badges & Stats in Aruba
- 30 Reviews
- 162 Photos
- 1 Forum posts
- 0 Cities
- See All Stats
- See All Badges (114)
Have you been to Aruba?Share Your Travels
Latest Activity in Aruba
Top 10 Pages
- Top 5 Page for this destination Windsor Intro, 111 reviews, 332 photos, 7 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Torremolinos Intro, 82 reviews, 346 photos, 13 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Sibiu Intro, 45 reviews, 252 photos, 10 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Marbella Intro, 53 reviews, 222 photos, 8 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Cascais Intro, 38 reviews, 234 photos, 10 travelogues
- Krakow Intro, 45 reviews, 218 photos, 10 travelogues
- Tallinn Intro, 39 reviews, 223 photos, 10 travelogues
- Riga Intro, 41 reviews, 212 photos, 10 travelogues
- Spain Intro, 55 reviews, 197 photos, 7 travelogues
- Chicago Intro, 42 reviews, 193 photos, 8 travelogues