Amsterdam Hotel Tips by LoriPori
Amsterdam Hotels: 102,157 reviews and 1,153 photos
Hotel IBIS - Amsterdam Airport
Thursday May 19 - Friday May 20
As our flight to Ohrid was not until Friday morning, we stayed at the IBIS AMSTERDAM AIRPORT overnight. When we arrived at Schiphol and after getting our luggage, we went outside to where the hotel shuttles were and got the free shuttle to the IBIS. We were early, but the kind young man at the desk gave us a room (#3502). Thank goodness, as we were very tired.
We booked the IBIS through booking.com and paid 89 Euros plus 6% city tax - for a total of 94.04 Euros.
Breakfast was not included and is extra at 15 Euros per person per day.
Tuesday May 31 to Thursday June 2, 2011
As our flight to Toronto was not until Thursday morning, we stayed two nights again at the IBIS. We again booked through booking.com and paid 178 Euros plus 6% city tax - for a total of 184.68 Euros, but this time we received two free buffet breakfasts as we were staying two nights. (Special - room must be prepaid with no cancellation allowed).
FREE SHUTTLE BUS - takes guests to and from Schiphol between 4:30 a.m. to 1:30 a.m. Follow the "Hotel shuttles" signs to exit D. At bus stop A9 you will find the IBIS shuttle bus. A schedule is posted at the bus stop and at the IBIS near the entrance to the hotel.
Unique Qualities: Our room was simple with Queen bed, TV, computer desk ( free internet for an hour at a time - get a password from the front desk). safe (free to use), mini-fridge ( not all rooms have a fridge), bath/shower, bath soap provided & hair dryer.
First Floor - Red Baron Bar & Vending Area
Second Floor - Star Class Cafe' - Lunch dinner, snacks and drinks - ate here once - Chicken wings and fries.
Fourth Floor - Pizza and Pasta - Italian - take away available
Restaurant L'Estaminet - French Cuisine Restaurant
Breakfast Room - Early Bird 4:00 a.m. to 5:00 a.m. - Breakfast Buffet 5:00 a.m. to 10:00 a.m. = Cost 15 Euros per person per day.
Address: Schipholweg 181 Badhoevedorp 1171 PR
Comparison: more expensive than average
Other Contact: e-mail email@example.com
Phone: +31 20 5025100
More Reviews (20)
LoriPori's Related Pages
Amsterdam Travel Guide
Member Travel Pages
- "MY BIRTHPLACE"
- "God made the Dutch, but the Dutch made Holland"
- "Amsterdam - I love it!"
- "Amsterdam, is it real?"
- "Amsterdam, where the Dutch money is spend"
- "Amsterdam! The most liberal city in the World"
- "dila's new Amsterdam Page"
- See All...
- Things to Do in Amsterdam
- Hotels in Amsterdam
- Transportation in Amsterdam
- Nightlife in Amsterdam
- Restaurants in Amsterdam
- Shopping in Amsterdam
- Warnings and Dangers in Amsterdam
- See All...
Badges & Stats in Amsterdam
- 21 Reviews
- 104 Photos
- 4 Forum posts
- 7 Comments
- See All Stats
- See All Badges (114)
Have you been to Amsterdam?Share Your Travels
Latest Activity in Amsterdam
Read real reviews about Amsterdam Hotels!
Top 10 Pages
- Top 5 Page for this destination Windsor Intro, 111 reviews, 332 photos, 7 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Torremolinos Intro, 82 reviews, 346 photos, 13 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Sibiu Intro, 45 reviews, 252 photos, 10 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Marbella Intro, 53 reviews, 222 photos, 8 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Cascais Intro, 38 reviews, 234 photos, 10 travelogues
- Krakow Intro, 45 reviews, 218 photos, 10 travelogues
- Spain Intro, 55 reviews, 197 photos, 7 travelogues
- Chicago Intro, 42 reviews, 193 photos, 8 travelogues
- Prague Intro, 64 reviews, 159 photos, 5 travelogues
- Bergamo Intro, 34 reviews, 181 photos, 9 travelogues
FriendsSee All Friends (121)
- Red Light District - De Wallen- 144 Reviews, 163 Photos
- Anne Frank House- 241 Reviews, 252 Photos
- Sex Museum- 49 Reviews, 59 Photos
- Canal Boat Tours- 189 Reviews, 307 Photos
- Coffee Shops- 123 Reviews, 132 Photos
- Rijksmuseum- 210 Reviews, 350 Photos
- Dam Square- 89 Reviews, 164 Photos
- Heineken Brewery- 98 Reviews, 139 Photos
- Van Gogh Museum- 166 Reviews, 176 Photos
- Flower Market - Bloemenmarkt- 66 Reviews, 102 Photos
See All Amsterdam Things to Do