Amsterdam Hotel Tips by LoriPori
Amsterdam Hotels: 262,370 reviews and 1,224 photos
Hotel IBIS - Amsterdam Airport
Thursday May 19 - Friday May 20
As our flight to Ohrid was not until Friday morning, we stayed at the IBIS AMSTERDAM AIRPORT overnight. When we arrived at Schiphol and after getting our luggage, we went outside to where the hotel shuttles were and got the free shuttle to the IBIS. We were early, but the kind young man at the desk gave us a room (#3502). Thank goodness, as we were very tired.
We booked the IBIS through booking.com and paid 89 Euros plus 6% city tax - for a total of 94.04 Euros.
Breakfast was not included and is extra at 15 Euros per person per day.
Tuesday May 31 to Thursday June 2, 2011
As our flight to Toronto was not until Thursday morning, we stayed two nights again at the IBIS. We again booked through booking.com and paid 178 Euros plus 6% city tax - for a total of 184.68 Euros, but this time we received two free buffet breakfasts as we were staying two nights. (Special - room must be prepaid with no cancellation allowed).
FREE SHUTTLE BUS - takes guests to and from Schiphol between 4:30 a.m. to 1:30 a.m. Follow the "Hotel shuttles" signs to exit D. At bus stop A9 you will find the IBIS shuttle bus. A schedule is posted at the bus stop and at the IBIS near the entrance to the hotel.
Monday May 25 to Tuesday May 26, 2015
We again stayed at the IBIS Amsterdam Airport. We like it there and the IBIS Shuttle is so convenient.
This time we paid 86,13 Euros plus City Tax of 4,88 Euros for a total of 91.01 Euros. Breakfast was extra at 17 Euros per person, per night, which is a lot, so we passed.
Update: March 2, 2016
Stayed at the IBIS again after our month in Spain. We got there late Wednesday night - 11:30 p.m. - but thank goodness that the shuttle runs until at least 1:00 a.m. This time we paid 52,00 Euros plus City Tax of 3,10 for a total of 55,10 Euros.
Unique Qualities: Our room was simple with Queen bed, TV, computer desk ( free internet for an hour at a time - get a password from the front desk). safe (free to use), mini-fridge ( not all rooms have a fridge), bath/shower, bath soap provided & hair dryer. I have to add, that the bathtub is quite high and not that easy to put your legs over, esp for a short person like me. Also there are no safety bars to grab on to.
First Floor - Red Baron Bar & Vending Area
Second Floor - Star Class Cafe' - Lunch dinner, snacks and drinks - ate here once - Chicken wings and fries.
Fourth Floor - Pizza and Pasta - Italian - take away available
Restaurant L'Estaminet - French Cuisine Restaurant
Breakfast Room - Early Bird 4:00 a.m. to 5:00 a.m. - Breakfast Buffet 5:00 a.m. to 10:00 a.m. = Cost 17 Euros per person per day.
Address: Schipholweg 181 Badhoevedorp 1171 PR
Price Comparison: more expensive than average
Other Contact: e-mail firstname.lastname@example.org
Phone: +31 20 5025100
More Reviews (24)
LoriPori's Related Pages
Amsterdam Travel Guide
Member Travel Pages
- "MY BIRTHPLACE"
- "God made the Dutch, but the Dutch made Holland"
- "Amsterdam - I love it!"
- "Amsterdam, is it real?"
- "Amsterdam, where the Dutch money is spend"
- "Amsterdam! The most liberal city in the World"
- "Dutch Arts and History."
- See All...
- Things to Do in Amsterdam
- Hotels in Amsterdam
- Transportation in Amsterdam
- Nightlife in Amsterdam
- Restaurants in Amsterdam
- Shopping in Amsterdam
- Warnings and Dangers in Amsterdam
- See All...
Badges & Stats in Amsterdam
- 25 Reviews
- 113 Photos
- 4 Forum posts
- 8 Comments
- See All Stats
- See All Badges (135)
Have you been to Amsterdam?Share Your Travels
Latest Activity in Amsterdam
Read real reviews about Amsterdam Hotels!
Top 10 Pages
- Top 5 Page for this destination Torremolinos Intro, 88 reviews, 389 photos, 16 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Windsor Intro, 115 reviews, 339 photos, 7 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Sibiu Intro, 45 reviews, 252 photos, 10 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Marbella Intro, 53 reviews, 222 photos, 8 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Cascais Intro, 38 reviews, 234 photos, 10 travelogues
- Krakow Intro, 45 reviews, 218 photos, 10 travelogues
- Tallinn Intro, 39 reviews, 223 photos, 10 travelogues
- Spain Intro, 55 reviews, 198 photos, 7 travelogues
- Riga Intro, 41 reviews, 212 photos, 10 travelogues
- Chicago Intro, 42 reviews, 193 photos, 8 travelogues
FriendsSee All Friends (102)
- Red Light District - De Wallen- 151 Reviews, 181 Photos
- Canal Boat Tours- 197 Reviews, 321 Photos
- Anne Frank House- 242 Reviews, 254 Photos
- Sex Museum- 49 Reviews, 59 Photos
- Dam Square- 92 Reviews, 169 Photos
- Van Gogh Museum- 167 Reviews, 177 Photos
- Flower Market - Bloemenmarkt- 69 Reviews, 106 Photos
- Rijksmuseum- 214 Reviews, 361 Photos
- Heineken Brewery- 98 Reviews, 139 Photos
- Madame Tussaud's- 62 Reviews, 124 Photos
See All Amsterdam Things to Do