"ARNHEM --A REAL GEM" Top 5 Page for this destination Arnhem by LoriPori

Arnhem Travel Guide: 382 reviews and 1,375 photos

PAVLIK_NL SHOWS US HIS CITY

On Monday, October 13, 2003, Hans and I met PAVLIK_NL(Paul) at his home in Arnhem as he was going to give us a tour of the beautiful city of Arnhem. We also had the privilege of staying overnight with Paul , his lovely wife Irena and beautiful little boy Ilya. Together we will show you the sights of Arnhem. Hope you enjoy your tour.

CENTRUM OF ARNHEM

The CENTRUM or town square is a hub of activity day and night.

EUSEBIUSKERK

TheEUSEBIUSKERK has a magnificent presence in the town of Arnhem. From Its Tower there is a fabulous view of the city and surrounding areas.

• Pros:A TOWN STEEPED IN HISTORY
  • In a nutshell:Thoroughly enjoyed our tour. Thanks Paul.
  • Last visit to Arnhem: Oct 2003
  • Intro Updated Oct 4, 2004

• evaanna's Profile Photo
    Nov 12, 2009 at 10:12 AM

Arnhem looks beautiful in your pictures - so much history there! The architecture is stunning! Going up in the glass lift in Eusebiuskerk tower must be quite exciting.

• MalenaN's Profile Photo
    May 8, 2009 at 10:00 PM

You had a great tour of Arnhem! Sounds nice to take the glasslift all the way up Eusebiuskerk tower!

• HORSCHECK's Profile Photo
    Dec 24, 2008 at 6:32 AM

Lori, interesting little page about Arnhem, which I only came across by car but never really visited. Merry Christmas to you and Hansi from grey Germany.

• domenicococozza's Profile Photo
    Nov 11, 2007 at 7:30 AM

Thank you for sharing you Arnhem pages. It seemed appropriate to look at these today(Remembrance Sunday in UK). I am amazed by the amount of the old city that remained undamaged.

• MATIM's Profile Photo
    Oct 19, 2007 at 5:45 AM

Monday we are going to Arnhem, we are not camping as we planed first, too cold. We booked a chalet, hurray :)

• yumyum's Profile Photo
    Sep 16, 2007 at 11:28 AM

Thanks for your introduction to Arnhem. I would like to travel to the Netherlands again.

• traveldave's Profile Photo
    Jul 11, 2007 at 7:11 AM

I only know Arnhem from the movie "A Bridge Too Far", so it was nice to read about the city and its attractions as they are today.

• Kuznetsov_Sergey's Profile Photo
    May 17, 2007 at 4:58 AM

Very nice page! Arnhem reminded me Delft. Yes, Eusebiuskerk is really a magnificent presence in the town of Arnhem! Your VT friends have very Russian names Pavlik, Irena and Ilya, may be something connects them with Russia...

• toonsarah's Profile Photo
    Feb 14, 2007 at 4:59 AM

I enjoyed touring Arhem with you Lori. Great gargoyle photo too!

• Diana75's Profile Photo
    Sep 29, 2006 at 1:26 AM

Arnhem seems such a nice place and Eusebiuskerk is indeed magnificent. I should put it on my list for the next. Thanks also for visiting my new HP, Lori.

LoriPori

“Travel Near - Travel Far - The Limit is the Sky”

Badges & Stats in Arnhem