"DELFT --A SPECIAL PLACE IN OUR HEARTS" Top 5 Page for this destination Delft by LoriPori
Delft Travel Guide: 509 reviews and 1,379 photos
This lovely town of DELFT certainly does have a special place in our hearts, as Hans was born and grew up in Delft, so there are many memories for him there. One of nine children, Hans would tell me the story how quite often one of the children would fall into the canal and would have to be fished out by one of the neighbours. "Mevrouw, Hansje has fallen into the canal, again" I love that story. HeHe. DELFT, founded around 1100, is a small but very beautiful town, steeped in history. Delft has a strong association with the Dutch Royal Family.
Royal burials take place in the Nieuwe Kerk (New Church). Delft came from the word Delf (Delven means to dig).Famous for its Delft Blue pottery, Delft teems with canals and Medieval houses with ornate gables. Come along with me and I am sure you will fall in love with it too.
- Pros:A Charming little town.
- Cons:Absolutely none.
June 6, 7 en 8, 2008 Theaterfestival Delft The Historic city of Delft again hosted street Theatre, dance, circus acts,... more travel advice
Another Dutch treat is the STROOPWAFEL, or Syrup Waffle, which are thin Dutch waffles with a caramel-like syrup filling.... more travel advice
LoriPori's Related Pages
Delft Travel Guide
Member Travel Pages
- "For your Dutch quaintness fix :-)"
- "Delft from where the "blue" conquered the world."
- "DELFT --A SPECIAL PLACE IN OUR HEARTS"
- "Delving into Delft"
- "Playing tourist on a beautiful sunny but cold day"
- "Delving Through Delft"
- "The Royal Delft"
- See All...
- Things to Do in Delft
- Hotels in Delft
- Transportation in Delft
- Nightlife in Delft
- Restaurants in Delft
- Shopping in Delft
- Warnings and Dangers in Delft
- See All...
Badges & Stats in Delft
- 28 Reviews
- 93 Photos
- 0 Forum posts
- 33 Comments
- See All Stats
- See All Badges (114)
Have you been to Delft?Share Your Travels
Latest Activity in Delft
Photos in DelftSee All Photos (93)
Top 10 Pages
- Top 5 Page for this destination Windsor Intro, 111 reviews, 332 photos, 7 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Torremolinos Intro, 82 reviews, 346 photos, 13 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Sibiu Intro, 45 reviews, 252 photos, 10 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Marbella Intro, 53 reviews, 222 photos, 8 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Cascais Intro, 38 reviews, 234 photos, 10 travelogues
- Krakow Intro, 45 reviews, 218 photos, 10 travelogues
- Tallinn Intro, 39 reviews, 223 photos, 10 travelogues
- Riga Intro, 41 reviews, 212 photos, 10 travelogues
- Spain Intro, 55 reviews, 197 photos, 7 travelogues
- Chicago Intro, 42 reviews, 193 photos, 8 travelogues