"DELFT --A SPECIAL PLACE IN OUR HEARTS" Top 5 Page for this destination Delft by LoriPori
Delft Travel Guide: 540 reviews and 1,478 photos
This lovely town of DELFT certainly does have a special place in our hearts, as Hans was born and grew up in Delft, so there are many memories for him there. One of nine children, Hans would tell me the story how quite often one of the children would fall into the canal and would have to be fished out by one of the neighbours. "Mevrouw, Hansje has fallen into the canal, again" I love that story. HeHe. DELFT, founded around 1100, is a small but very beautiful town, steeped in history. Delft has a strong association with the Dutch Royal Family.
Royal burials take place in the Nieuwe Kerk (New Church). Delft came from the word Delf (Delven means to dig).Famous for its Delft Blue pottery, Delft teems with canals and Medieval houses with ornate gables. Come along with me and I am sure you will fall in love with it too.
- Pros:A Charming little town.
- Cons:Absolutely none.
Monday, May 18, 2015 Hans and I, along with Nel and Jean wanted to go to Delft to have lunch with Hans' sister... more travel advice
Located in the Province of South Holland ( ZUID - HOLLAND ) in between Rotterdam and the Hague. DELFT dates from the... more travel advice
LoriPori's Related Pages
Delft Travel Guide
Member Travel Pages
- "For your Dutch quaintness fix :-)"
- "Delft from where the "blue" conquered the world."
- "DELFT --A SPECIAL PLACE IN OUR HEARTS"
- "Delving into Delft"
- "Playing tourist on a beautiful sunny but cold day"
- "Delving Through Delft"
- "The Royal Delft"
- See All...
- Things to Do in Delft
- Hotels in Delft
- Transportation in Delft
- Nightlife in Delft
- Restaurants in Delft
- Shopping in Delft
- Warnings and Dangers in Delft
- See All...
Badges & Stats in Delft
- 29 Reviews
- 95 Photos
- 0 Forum posts
- 34 Comments
- See All Stats
- See All Badges (132)
Have you been to Delft?Share Your Travels
Latest Activity in Delft
Top 10 Pages
- Top 5 Page for this destination Torremolinos Intro, 84 reviews, 369 photos, 15 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Windsor Intro, 113 reviews, 338 photos, 7 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Sibiu Intro, 45 reviews, 252 photos, 10 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Marbella Intro, 53 reviews, 222 photos, 8 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Cascais Intro, 38 reviews, 234 photos, 10 travelogues
- Krakow Intro, 45 reviews, 218 photos, 10 travelogues
- Tallinn Intro, 39 reviews, 223 photos, 10 travelogues
- Spain Intro, 55 reviews, 198 photos, 7 travelogues
- Riga Intro, 41 reviews, 212 photos, 10 travelogues
- Chicago Intro, 42 reviews, 193 photos, 8 travelogues