"DELFT --A SPECIAL PLACE IN OUR HEARTS" Top 5 Page for this destination Delft by LoriPori

Delft Travel Guide: 509 reviews and 1,379 photos

THE FAIRYTALE TOWN OF DELFT

This lovely town of DELFT certainly does have a special place in our hearts, as Hans was born and grew up in Delft, so there are many memories for him there. One of nine children, Hans would tell me the story how quite often one of the children would fall into the canal and would have to be fished out by one of the neighbours. "Mevrouw, Hansje has fallen into the canal, again" I love that story. HeHe. DELFT, founded around 1100, is a small but very beautiful town, steeped in history. Delft has a strong association with the Dutch Royal Family.
Royal burials take place in the Nieuwe Kerk (New Church). Delft came from the word Delf (Delven means to dig).Famous for its Delft Blue pottery, Delft teems with canals and Medieval houses with ornate gables. Come along with me and I am sure you will fall in love with it too.

• Pros:A Charming little town.
  • Cons:Absolutely none.
  • Last visit to Delft: Oct 2003
  • Intro Updated Jun 30, 2008

• Nemorino's Profile Photo
    Apr 9, 2013 at 5:03 AM

Delft certainly does look like a beautiful town to visit. I have been to several places nearby, but never to Delft itself.

Apr 9, 2013 at 9:12 AM

Thanks Don for checking out my Delft pages. This town is very special to us with many memories.

• Yaqui's Profile Photo
    Dec 28, 2012 at 7:19 AM

These place are so charming. You always do such a wonderful job on your pages! Excellent page!

Dec 29, 2012 at 3:14 AM

Yes, Delft is charming and is very close to our hearts. I never tire of visiting here.

• GentleSpirit's Profile Photo
    Nov 14, 2012 at 4:58 AM

I enjoyed your tour of Delft. Quite neat that Hans is from there, so there's always a very special vibe about a visit there. Do you actually see many of the sights when you are there or is it mostly family? excellent job

Nov 14, 2012 at 9:32 AM

I never get enough of walking around Delft. There's always something new and exciting to discover. We mostly visit family, but there are always little Dutch towns that we have yet to visit for example Edam where they make Edam Cheese.

• hunterV's Profile Photo
    Jun 24, 2010 at 6:53 AM

I would like to pay a visit to Delft some day....Thanks for your guidance! ><><><

• mikelisaanna's Profile Photo
    Dec 15, 2009 at 6:28 AM

Delft is one of my favorite towns in Europe. Your page brought back some good memories.

• evaanna's Profile Photo
    Nov 2, 2009 at 1:59 PM

Delft looks wonderful with the beautiful architecture and charming canals. Your husband must be very proud of his hometown. Excellent page!

• hopang's Profile Photo
    Apr 24, 2009 at 3:39 AM

Wonderful Delft page with superb photographs! Lots of lovely buildings such as Old City Hall, Oost-Port, Nieuwe and Oude Kerk are located in the city. Definitely hope to visit the city one day! ~ho & pang

• Maurizioago's Profile Photo
    Jun 19, 2008 at 9:59 AM

This should be a place for me; I love canals and waffels. Ciao!

• Cristian_Uluru's Profile Photo
    May 18, 2008 at 1:46 AM

Delft is lovely!!! I hope to see it this summer!

• breughel's Profile Photo
    Aug 7, 2007 at 7:31 AM

Falling in the canal is not surprising. At my visit a few years ago I wondered how car drivers, parking at 20 cm from the edge of a canal, did leave their car without falling in the canal as there is no guardrail!

LoriPori

“Travel Near - Travel Far - The Limit is the Sky”

Badges & Stats in Delft