"KINDERDIJK - WORLD HERITAGE SITE" Top 5 Page for this destination Kinderdijk by LoriPori

Kinderdijk Travel Guide: 97 reviews and 318 photos

WINDMILLS & CANAL BOAT TOUR

Friday June 6, 2008
Kinderdijk is one of the best known sites in Holland as it is typical Dutch landscape. In all the times Hans and I have visited Holland, it's unbelievable that this is the first time going there. Hans lived there for over twenty years - he's never been there! His sister Nel lives there - it's the first time for her too. So when we mentioned we wanted to see it, we made plans for a drive there and took the "Molen Boat Tour". Actually, it was only about a 45 minute drive away.

• Pros:What a wonderful World Heritage Site
  • Last visit to Kinderdijk: Jun 2008
  • Intro Updated Jun 28, 2008

• tropicrd's Profile Photo
    Nov 19, 2012 at 2:54 AM

Thanks for sharing such wonderful pages Lori.

• GentleSpirit's Profile Photo
    Nov 18, 2012 at 7:16 AM

Lori, your opening picture was excellent! what a sight that would be visually at sunset! You did a great job explaining how the windmills worked, why they were there. Outstanding! Thank you

• LoriPori's Profile Photo
      Nov 18, 2012 at 11:42 AM

Kinderdijk is a special place, that I had wanted to see for a long time. Hard to believe that it was Hans' first time there. I also think it would be an awesome sight at sunset, but they do look lovely on a sunny, blue sky day with their reflections in the canal.

• Jun 2, 2011 at 1:31 PM

a lot of great windmills there !

• hunterV's Profile Photo
    Jul 21, 2010 at 10:06 PM

Hi, Lori! It's a must in the Netherlands, I see now... Thanks for your page! ><><><

• evaanna's Profile Photo
    Oct 21, 2009 at 3:46 AM

Those windmills look really gorgeous! And viewing them from the water must be just great! Thanks for the lovely virtual tour.

• balhannah's Profile Photo
    Sep 12, 2009 at 4:21 AM

my Dutch friends told me to come here, but I couldn't in the limited time I had. It is beautiful as seen by your photos, and those old Windmills have a character that the new ones haven't.

• mvtouring's Profile Photo
    May 11, 2009 at 3:25 AM

Great tips, they will assist me when I visit next month ;-)

• JLBG's Profile Photo
    Dec 22, 2008 at 9:55 PM

Wonderful boat trip ! Fries with mayonnaise and peanut butter sauce, I can't believe it, burk, haha! May be soon modern windmills will replace (may be they have began) the ols electric pumping staions and save carbon!

• Kuznetsov_Sergey's Profile Photo
    Jul 8, 2008 at 8:31 AM

Wonderful town of windmills!These wooden shoes looks so amazing, ha-ha! Thanks Lori for sharing!

• deecat's Profile Photo
    Jun 28, 2008 at 9:07 AM

What a beautiful site! I do you you take a few of the windmill photos and have them framed--just outstanding. Some really great photos of you and Hans...you look so happy. It is amazing that Hans had not seen this.

LoriPori

“Travel Near - Travel Far - The Limit is the Sky”

Badges & Stats in Kinderdijk

Have you been to Kinderdijk?

Latest Activity in Kinderdijk